SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which autoresponder or list manager would you suggest I use for the following: (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5274)

GordonJ May 27, 2008 08:43 AM

Which autoresponder or list manager would you suggest I use for the following:

Thanks in advance for your input. In June I'm launching a couple of new products. I need to pick and choose either a list manager or autoresponder...the most popular choices I've been given so far are:

1) iContact
2) Aweber
3) GetResponse

maybe any of these will work or you know of something else. Here is what I'll be doing.

There will be an introductory offer for my information "newsletter", which will be published weekly. However, I'm not getting into a long term "werk" situation...so it will be a pay as you go type thing for a very specific niche market who wants the updated weekly information.

For example: Best Golf Course Deals Available in Area. First edition half price 5 bux...if you like it, you order the next edition for 10 bux and pay as you go.

Which software would allow the least amount of work, one that I can add or take off a name very quickly and send the newsletter to those remaining on the list?

I need one for a small (under 1000 people) list and one for a much larger list too.

Thanks for your help and input.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. I also need help with a very simple web site, a sign up page for the "newsletters", if interested, email me [email protected]

Pete Egeler May 28, 2008 07:46 AM

Re: Which autoresponder or list manager would you suggest I use for the following:

Hey, GJ..

Just sent you a PM with information on the autoresponder I'm using. You might want to look into it.

Not only is it very affordable, but lots of "room" too as your list grows.

Pete

bifurcation.org.uk May 28, 2008 01:14 PM

Re: Which autoresponder or list manager would you suggest I use for the following:

Hey

I've just signed up with GetResponse, and they seem good. S'got all the options I need and it's unlimited after you pay your membership which is cheap)

Ta

Chris

Ankesh May 28, 2008 01:59 PM

Thanks for asking Gordon.

I've never used iContact. I have used Aweber and GetResponse. And I prefer Aweber.

Aweber also allows you to create rules where when a person subscribes to 1 list, he is automatically unsubscribed from the old list - which you can use to make things a bit quicker.

Pete Egeler May 28, 2008 04:07 PM

Gordon, et al...

Just a quick note to let you know that updates have been applied, and it's a "go" for account set up. Got mine done and my first responder set up in less than 5-minutes. :)

Pete

Pete's Autoresponder Service is just $6.67 a month!

Ravedesigns May 28, 2008 11:41 PM

Hi Gordon,

I've used and tried out lots of email newsletter/autoresponder systems over the years and think Aweber is one of the best deals going. Unlimited lists of up to 10k subscribers for $20/month is great, and I don't think you'll find anyone else that can compare and offer the service and deliverability that they do.

Are you going to send text or html emails - or both? I think some services like iContact and Constant Contact have an edge with their nice html templates - but Aweber has gotten much better with this in recent years.

Cheers,

Steve

Phil May 29, 2008 12:30 AM

Just be aware...

Aweber Price Change...

Tom Kulzer
CEO & Founder
AWeber Communications, Inc.

And others comment on this interesting 5 page... thread...
http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/to...OPIC_ID=246361

Phil

Millard Grubb May 29, 2008 02:44 PM

Gordon,

I agree with Ankesh. I use Aweber and am very happy with it. Never had a problem with it.

Millard

rockfist June 8, 2008 06:06 AM

Hi

In my view there is only one List Management company and
that is Aweber. It may be a bit more expensive but its got
everything you need.