SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Announcement 2 - Hotsheets Galore (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4176)

MichaelRoss July 18, 2007 07:05 PM

Announcement 2 - Hotsheets Galore

Thanks for wanting to know more.

Over the last couple of months I've been working on something. And here is that something - click here

It is an Online Catalog of Hotsheets. It's currently stocked with hotsheets I've created based on my experiences. There are a Range of Topics from making an Autorun CD to Improvised Weapons. And the order they are shown in is the order they were written. Of course, there is a Free one to be had for providing your email address ;)

As with my first announcement, there are Lessons to be learned from what I've created. And strangely, or not so strangely, many of the Same Lessons with a Different Application. What lessons do you see?

Michael Ross

Phil July 19, 2007 02:55 AM

Re: Announcement 2 - Hotsheets Galore

Michael,

Great to see...

The long awaited Talked about "Hotsheet" Club. :)

I Guess Ankesh... the Hotsheet domain collector's Contest is over...

Hopefully it will Help get a few more interested and Started on Building their Hotsheet empires...

Combine the Sowpub http://www.sowpub.com/forum/search.php
“Hotsheet(s)” Archives with Michael's Hotsheet Club http://www.hotsheets.info/

And I'm sure we'll see some interesting Ideas & Possibilities... ;)

Thought I'd help Kick it up a little...

So we can all sign up...

Phil

GordonJ July 19, 2007 09:28 AM

I DO know there is ONE lesson Michael...and it is;

Writers WRITE.

Action speaks louder than words.

Thanks for your new creation, as you probably knew, my first batch of HOTSHEETS are in the mail for your approval. Hope they fit in.

Last year a few of you took me up on my offer to create a PERSONALIZED HOTSHEET on the subject of your choice for 25 bux.

I'm not sure YOU did anything with them. NOW you have a place to submit them, and since I wrote them...or helped...I know they are good.

So even if you only get a buck for them, over the course of a year, it could be a couple hundred for ONE HOTSHEET. Imagine if you got busy and took ACTION.

A couple of years ago we (OK, I) beat hotsheets to death, but using my powers of positive thinking, iffin I beat the dead horse enough, he'll jump up and cross the finish line. HAVE YOU?

I don't remember the thread, it started when a lady posted about having a hard time getting started (I think she claimed to be a writer)...and I suggested HOTSHEETS as a starting point. I don't think she's ever written and SOLD anything, yet?

Then there were a few people, Alan Bullington springs to mind. He actually created ONE HOTSHEET. And I thought it was great and encouraged him to keep going. Well, it took Alan a little time, but now, he has a complete KIT.

Here is a look at it http://www.soapbizkit.com and I notice he's offering a pdf version for only 29 bux...ALAN, it is easily worth 3 times that!!!!!

Hey, I get nothing but satisfaction when Alan sells one of these kits, and I've seen it, it is in my 35 years in business OPINION, a great TEMPLATE of what a kit should be. IF you are thinking about information as a product, and you don't need to be a WRITER...then grab Alan's kit before he comes to his senses and raises the price to where it should be.

NOW then, during discussions with Alan, I find out he's a former engineer who gave up the JOB for a "homesteading" lifestyle. I mention him in Fly Low and Collect the Dough.

It is my opinion that Alan and his family is sitting on a Gold mine of information, on how to find a rural setting, how to raise livestock, homestead crafting, homestead cooking...a whole bunches of HOTSHEETS. Maybe Michael's new site will inspire Alan to do more.

He is one of the FEW people that actually took the HOTSHEETS idea out of his head and onto paper. It may make take another year or so, but if he keeps up on the HOTSHEETS, he'll be on his way to the Information Empire we info product marketers keep harping on.

Michael Ross has provided YOU with a great service. http://www.hotsheets.info Go NOW and sign up.

A PLACE to post your HOTSHEET (if it meets Michael's criteria)...and have the fabled AUTO PILOT PROFITS pouring in...ok, maybe one or two dollars at a time, but it is a start.

So once again, NOW is a good time to complete ONE project and get er done. Use your HOTSHEET as a lead generation machine. It works.

Gordon Jay Alexander (MR. HOTSHEETS to you buddy) OR I'll answer to Mr. Fly Low Collect Dough too ;) http://www.flylowcollectdough.com

PS. I can't do your hotsheet for only 25 bux this year, but I'll do one for 35...if interested send me an email and the topic you're interested in...and expect to get asked a lot of questions, right Alan?

stewart July 19, 2007 12:52 PM

are you competing with google?

Are you competing with google? The first hotsheet is "How to make an autorun CD".

I typed that into google and found several sites for free.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/autorun.html

Phil July 19, 2007 05:44 PM

Re: are you competing with google?

Keep in Mind there are a Gazillion people have No idea on how to Research and Google stuff... :)

And Competition whether with Free and/or Paid business models Helps makes Businesses more Creative and Innovative... ;)

It's all in about taking Action & Doing stuff!

Phil

MichaelRoss July 19, 2007 05:46 PM

I Have No Competition

Stewart,

Thanks for your information.

If You want to search Google on all the titles of any and all books, reports, manuals and hotsheets - and bullets in sales letters - you find, and try to find the information somewhere for Free, then knock yourself out and go to it. All the more power to you. (Not everyone knows how to do this, or is bothered to do this.)

But in so doing, you never know if you're actually getting the same thing though. Just because something has the same Title doesn't mean it has the same Content. Be aware of this.

Either way, it doesn't stop people buying. Look at William Nickerson's book "How I Turned $1,000 into Five Million in Real Estate - in My Spare Time". If you search hard enough you will find Nickerson's Secret for free (or you'll stumble upon it while doing Other Research) and you won't need to buy the book. And you'll even be told which Chapter of the book that Secret is in.

In fact, I'll tell you here... it's in Chapter 2 and it is basically this... buy with 25% deposit, spend a little to Do The Place Up - and thus get higher rent - hold for a few years then sell. Take the Profit and use it as a Larger deposit to get a larger place.

*I* knew this before I had his book but it didn't stop me getting hold of the book when I had the chance. And I am glad I did. Because Nickerson has Different Experiences to other real estate people.

And the same applies to any and all information on any and all topics. You Might be able to find some Basic Stuff for Free - but - it's the Shared Experiences of the author that make the different works have their own Intrinsic Value. As such, there really is no Competition.

Michael Ross
http://www.hotsheets.info

Ankesh July 22, 2007 04:52 PM

Re: Announcement 2 - Hotsheets Galore

Ah yes - the domain contest is over. I do have one more hotsheet based domain name that is just parked with sedo.com doing nothing worthwhile.

But I do have an idea for that domain. We'll see - if I don't make time for that domain within the next few weeks, I'll give it away on Sowpub too.

--

One great thing about Michael is - he is so very disciplined and persistent. Any time I'm feeling lazy, I simply look up Michael's writings. It energizes you like nothing else does.

Hotsheets.info is just another example of him taking persistent action and creating something.

Some things I would do differently is: forget about mailing hotsheets. Just allow downloading of hotsheets. And have a content management system - because when the site grows, things don't become too hard to manage. (I recommend WordPress.)

But overall, Michael has done a wonderful job. And by adding backend products (creating the products yourself or finding partners) - Michael's little hotsheets website can become a big money maker.

GordonJ July 22, 2007 05:13 PM

I respectfull DISAGREE with you Ankesh...and here's why:

Well, I really don't...not exactly...cause...I'm RE ramping up Gordon Direct OFF LINE...

And when I mailed HOTSHEETS a few years back, those people who paid the few bucks (I think I bundled most of them...anyone remember?)...

Anyhow, what I got from that was... A MAILING address...

In all my follow up, I've never had a single complaint because I sent someone who BOUGHT something from me...another offer. OFF line, they don't consider it SPAM...many even look forward to it.

SO, if I can qualify someone's interest, and get them to pay for the printing, envelope, postage and have enough left over for the nickel gum ball machine...I'm a happy camper.

Customer Acquistion COSTS are often the highest cost associated with direct mail...and by sending them a simple little piece of paper...well, I feel it is worth my time and effort.

NOW, with that being said...I've never done real well with managing my lists...that is about to change.

So, if anyone wants to see, touch and feel a HOTSHEET from me, I'll be glad to send it snail mail (US only, that is)...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...maybe...HA!

gjabiz

PS. Michael has posted a few of my HOTSHEETS for sale at http://www.hotsheets.info

MichaelRoss July 22, 2007 06:36 PM

Snail Mail and Content Management

Ankesh,

Thanks for enjoying my writing.

Mailing Hotsheets: The Customer has the choice. They have the choice and the Power to exercise it. And fair enough too... because there are a Lot of people out there who prefer to get something tangible in the mail - even if it is available for Instant Download or via Return Email. But if they would rather not wait then they can get them via email.

If Barcharts is anything to go by, stuff by mail is a HUGE business and I'm not so willing to ignore that market. Let's just say, mailing gives More Options. :)

Content Management: There is nothing difficult about managing the site - to me. I Hand-Coded the site from scratch. It only takes a few minutes to Add new Hotsheet Descriptions and upload it. And if I used CM Software I'd still need to write the content and form the order links anyway. So the CM Software wouldn't really be doing that much for me.

Plus, it's not as if there are 20 new Hotsheets a day being added. By adding some here and some there - doing it bits at a time - it's actually quite easy and I can keep the site looking how I want it to.

I may or may not use CM Software at some point in the future. I may or may not change the Snail Mail option at some point in the future. But, by Just Doing It it is Out There. It Exists. It Has Been Done. And THAT is more important than spending time deciding whether or not to use CM Software or to ship by mail - those things aren't That important - and maybe not getting the project done because of indecision on such minor matters or time spent trying to learn software.

And that'd be a Hidden Lesson - concentrate on the Main Things to get it done and don't be concerned about the Minor Things. The Main Thing was getting a Page Created with some Content (any amount of content - an unspecified amount) and Uploading it.

Michael Ross
www.hotsheets.info (New Hotsheets Added)

Millard Grubb July 22, 2007 08:07 PM

Re: I Have No Competition

Michael,

I say amen to that!

The author's own experience is what sets them apart from all the rest. If the author can explain with verve the experiences they have had with a twist, then they'll never go hungry.

Millard