SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SowaPub stats, and the 100 dollar participation gift. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9961)

GordonJ September 3, 2017 10:56 AM

SowPub stats, and the 100 dollar participation gift.

Well, here are some SowPub stats. We have about 1500 registered users.

We average between 10 and 15 NEW users per month. We have between 300 to 400 active users a day, usually with 10 or so "members". LOTS of lurkers and several bots.

We have over 15,000 threads (including original forums) and about 40,000 posts.

Recently, in the last month, not counting Dien and Myself, we've had posts from 14 members, and that is about 25% of the members who visited and spent time here in August. As noted again, lot of lurking, not much participation. Part of that could be attributed to our reluctance to allow political or discussions which distract from our main purpose, a business forum.

So, if you are not one of the 14 who already participated you have until tomorrow to do so, ONE of you will get a $ 100.00 Amazon gift certificate.

That's our roundup for Aug.

GordonJ

PS. We've deleted a lot of SPAM most of you never see because being half way around the world from each other, we usually have eyes on the forum.

cellis September 3, 2017 04:52 PM

Re: SowaPub stats, and the 100 dollar participation gift.

I'm one of those "lookies"!.... But, I'd love the chance at 100 buck-a-roos!

I really DO love the work you guys do and garner bits of business wisdom often!

GordonJ September 3, 2017 09:03 PM

well, NOW your chances are just as good as anyone's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellis (Post 38486)
I'm one of those "lookies"!.... But, I'd love the chance at 100 buck-a-roos!

I really DO love the work you guys do and garner bits of business wisdom often!

Thanks,

What I do, I have 1/4" inch squared paper, I write everyone names in a square, about an inch by half an inch. Cut them out, shuffle them up, then pick from a hat.

I was just reminded I said the 5th, need to read my own posts...so Tuesday it is, I'll draw at about 9PM my time, EST. So good luck and thanks for posting, hopefully you'll join in and share your opinions or at the very least ask the group questions.

Lets have some fun on my dime, OK?

Gordon

sandalwood September 4, 2017 12:20 PM

Re: well, NOW your chances are just as good as anyone's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 38487)
Thanks,

What I do, I have 1/4" inch squared paper, I write everyone names in a square, about an inch by half an inch. Cut them out, shuffle them up, then pick from a hat.

I was just reminded I said the 5th, need to read my own posts...so Tuesday it is, I'll draw at about 9PM my time, EST. So good luck and thanks for posting, hopefully you'll join in and share your opinions or at the very least ask the group questions.

Lets have some fun on my dime, OK?

Gordon

Gordon,

If you made that fun on your quarter would we have 2 1/2 times more fun?

Just asking...

c.t.coburn September 4, 2017 03:04 PM

Re: SowaPub stats, and the 100 dollar participation gift.

personally I don't post here too much because I'm operating nickel and dime offline.

I actually LIKE my j.o.b. but like all jobs is in danger of going away so I try to eliminate stress by having side hustles ...

have been in the scrap "business" for about 18 months (again) and it stinks (for hourly wage) but I do know I have a customer waiting