SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3 potential ways to motivate yourself to success! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10871)

Dien Rice December 30, 2020 01:08 PM

3 potential ways to motivate yourself to success!

Here are three potential ways to motivate yourself to success...!

Will these work for you?

1. Method #1: List your debts, and transform the idea of "making money" to the idea of "solving your problems"...

This is a technique which I understand has been used by online entrepreneur John Reese, and possibly by the late marketer Gary Halbert...

(At least, regarding Gary Halbert, that's what I wrote in some old notes, but I didn't write down the source of that observation!)

The idea is to list down your debts. Then, use that list to motivate yourself to make money to pay off the debts, one by one.

Will this work for you?

I think it depends on your personality. Some people will find it motivational... Others might find it elevates their stress levels too much, and they freeze... Only do it if it works for you...

I think the heart of the idea is to turn "money making" into "problem solving"...

Many people have trouble motivating themselves to "make money" - but have no problem with "problem solving"... So it might be beneficial to turn "money making" into the idea of "problem solving"... That is, solving your own problems as your motivation...

2. Third person self-talk

Research has shown, over and over, that talking about yourself in the third person can help you solve problems in a superior way...

For example, if I have a problem, I could say to myself,

"What should Dien do to solve this problem?"

(Rather than, "What should I do to solve this problem?")

It turns out, we're often wiser in advising others, than we are in advising ourselves!

Part of the problem could be your emotions... Talking to yourself in the third person can help you "step back" and reduce your emotional reaction to the situation, and think more clearly about it...

It turns out that providing this "distance" - which talking to yourself in the third person does - according to studies, does help...

Here's an article I recently read about that...

Why You Should Talk to Yourself in the Third Person
https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7a3...nner-monologue

3. Self-hypnosis

Hypnosis works for so many problems - why not use self-hypnosis to solve the problem of motivation?

Of course, there are hypnotic motivational audios that you can use... I don't know if they work or not...

But it's a possibility...

(I believe Gordon is a much bigger expert on hypnosis than me! My only expertise only comes from buying a Mel Powers book on self-hypnosis when I was a teenager!)

There are a few ideas!

Best wishes!

Dien

GordonJ December 30, 2020 04:05 PM

Funny you should mention it.

This:

One of my limited editions, not sold to the public. I mention it in my new report coming out next Monday.

I started learning hypnosis when I was 15, with Fran Renner, who had one of the first hypnotherapy centers in the area. Fran was great, a chain smoker who wasn't afraid of a tall glass of Bourbon. Loved that lady.

Someday, I'll make a little something for the hypnosis crowd.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 41479)
Here are three potential ways to motivate yourself to success...!

Will these work for you?

1. Method #1: List your debts, and transform the idea of "making money" to the idea of "solving your problems"...

This is a technique which I understand has been used by online entrepreneur John Reese, and possibly by the late marketer Gary Halbert...

(At least, regarding Gary Halbert, that's what I wrote in some old notes, but I didn't write down the source of that observation!)

The idea is to list down your debts. Then, use that list to motivate yourself to make money to pay off the debts, one by one.

Will this work for you?

I think it depends on your personality. Some people will find it motivational... Others might find it elevates their stress levels too much, and they freeze... Only do it if it works for you...

I think the heart of the idea is to turn "money making" into "problem solving"...

Many people have trouble motivating themselves to "make money" - but have no problem with "problem solving"... So it might be beneficial to turn "money making" into the idea of "problem solving"... That is, solving your own problems as your motivation...

2. Third person self-talk

Research has shown, over and over, that talking about yourself in the third person can help you solve problems in a superior way...

For example, if I have a problem, I could say to myself,

"What should Dien do to solve this problem?"

(Rather than, "What should I do to solve this problem?")

It turns out, we're often wiser in advising others, than we are in advising ourselves!

Part of the problem could be your emotions... Talking to yourself in the third person can help you "step back" and reduce your emotional reaction to the situation, and think more clearly about it...

It turns out that providing this "distance" - which talking to yourself in the third person does - according to studies, does help...

Here's an article I recently read about that...

Why You Should Talk to Yourself in the Third Person
https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7a3...nner-monologue

3. Self-hypnosis

Hypnosis works for so many problems - why not use self-hypnosis to solve the problem of motivation?

Of course, there are hypnotic motivational audios that you can use... I don't know if they work or not...

But it's a possibility...

(I believe Gordon is a much bigger expert on hypnosis than me! My only expertise only comes from buying a Mel Powers book on self-hypnosis when I was a teenager!)

There are a few ideas!

Best wishes!

Dien

Dien Rice December 30, 2020 08:49 PM

Why encountering Gordon is a "mesmerizing" experience!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 41480)
This:

One of my limited editions, not sold to the public. I mention it in my new report coming out next Monday.

I started learning hypnosis when I was 15, with Fran Renner, who had one of the first hypnotherapy centers in the area. Fran was great, a chain smoker who wasn't afraid of a tall glass of Bourbon. Loved that lady.

Someday, I'll make a little something for the hypnosis crowd.

Hi Gordon,

I had no idea you wrote that book - or even a book on that topic!

(Though I knew something of your expertise...!)

Is that why meeting you is always a "mesmerizing" experience? :)

I'd definitely be interested in anything you do regarding that topic... :)

Best wishes!

Dien

GordonJ December 31, 2020 11:16 AM

I do use what I know. Including the Cosmic Gaze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 41481)
Hi Gordon,

I had no idea you wrote that book - or even a book on that topic!

(Though I knew something of your expertise...!)

Is that why meeting you is always a "mesmerizing" experience? :)

I'd definitely be interested in anything you do regarding that topic... :)

Best wishes!

Dien

You might remember the Cosmic Gaze? I pulled that one shortly after publishing it, I found my Business Avatar (Target Market for most of my Biz-Op Reports) had a general negative reaction; they don't like the woo-woo stuff.

And I get that.

But all of my experiences in hypnosis, metaphysics, mind control stuff was grounded in application. How does it work to benefit me? A very selfish approach.

Yea, practicing Psychokinesis and telekinesis helped me sink more putts on the green (or was it the thousands of hours of practice?)...and maybe once in a while someone I was visiting by Astral Projection would call me.

So, part of the reason I don't publish more of this work is: I don't think the people who would buy it or want it, are the people who could actually use it and benefit from it. Now, YES, that is being very prejudicial and biased against my market...

in fact, goes against what most marketers believe, give them what they want and don't concern yourself whether or not they use it or apply it, sell baby sell.

And IF I was only about the dough, that is what I would have done.

Although, some transparency, I've done alright in the "fringe" markets writing copy and selling trinkets. Loves me some charms, amulets, talismans and totems. The Money Tree was a good seller.

Anyhow, now, I just don't care.

I have a ton of unpublished work on all kinds of subjects, topics, thoughts, poems, short stories, and recipes, life hacks, etc., etc.

SO, hitting the file cabinets and dusting off all things Gordonesque.

But to answer your question, because you've seen me in "action"; charm, wit and 'mesmerizing' are all skills which can be learned, as Glenn Osborn has recently pointed out...from the Big Red Nose to the blinking mask, the first part of it is,

wait for it...

And most call it attention...

but, I

Call it...

a PREOCCUPATIONAL INTERRUPTER, and guess what, before the target sees or experiences it, IT happens in your mind.

All very Woo-Woo indeed.

Gordon

PS Toss in the Psychic Power Gaze, and BaZoomBa, you got their wallets in your hand (or in Glenn's case; their backsides on your lap, he.he).