SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Business At Home (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10729)

Millard Grubb August 6, 2020 08:39 AM

Business At Home

With the threat of further lockdowns and people being nervous about going out, it might be the time to dust off our thinking about working from home "jobs".

For years, hucksters have sold work from home packages that promised a lot and delivered puffery. Now might be the time to sell something along these lines that has real value.

I would imagine the tough part would be to be able to find something that actually works in this idea.

Perhaps it might be as simple as convincing a boss to let you work at home if your job lends itself to doing that.

Perhaps you can take what you know and teach it via webinar from home... (think the at-home plumber or the at-home baker)

Maybe I am just rehashing things that have been said in other ways for years in the work-at-home industry. But in these interesting times, it may be worth another look.

Millard Grubb August 6, 2020 09:10 AM

Re: Business At Home

With more thinking, I think "Social Media Managers" have a good gig.

If I was to work for someone, I would do that.

GordonJ August 6, 2020 10:07 AM

Social media DAMAGE CONTROL is where some big bux lie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millard Grubb (Post 41019)
With more thinking, I think "Social Media Managers" have a good gig.

If I was to work for someone, I would do that.

I think Jake Paul will spend tons of moolah to be a bit less of a social media sensation about now. Lots of them doing stupid, being stupid...and attracting unwanted attention.

As for work from home, I don't want anyone, NO PEOPLE, and that includes clients or customers I have to follow up with. Buy my dang cookie, and be happy. Something like that.

Gordon

Millard Grubb August 6, 2020 11:03 AM

Re: Social media DAMAGE CONTROL is where some big bux lie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 41021)
I think Jake Paul will spend tons of moolah to be a bit less of a social media sensation about now. Lots of them doing stupid, being stupid...and attracting unwanted attention.

As for work from home, I don't want anyone, NO PEOPLE, and that includes clients or customers I have to follow up with. Buy my dang cookie, and be happy. Something like that.

Gordon

You express the frustrations I've had with clients... sometimes it's just too much hassle. I like the way you express... just buy my dang cookie.

Seems like I just need to make some of my own new cookies. I've got plenty of the entertainer cookies, I just don't want to market them myself anymore. Ha ! These entertainer packages are all pre-covid, so would have to be revamped anyway.

In any case, I'd rather sell what I know, rather than work for someone, any day of the week.