SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sending money through the mail... for instant attention and rapport! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11034)

Dien Rice June 28, 2021 10:56 PM

Sending money through the mail... for instant attention and rapport!

Hi Glenn,

I just wanted to add to what I wrote earlier (which you can read here)...

(By the way, that's an awesome thread with Glenn's insights, worth reading fully!)

On the topic of what Gary Halbert called "grabbers"... One of the ways that people used to send "grabbers" in direct mail is they would tape or staple a one dollar bill, or tape a coin, to the top corner of a sales letter...

That means that the receiver was actually getting physical money!

As a result, the person was more likely to actually read the letter... (How often do you get real money in the mail? My answer, not as often as I'd like!)

Now, Glenn has done, of course, something analogous to this when he pre-tips people in a restaurant while he's having the meal - instead of after the meal as is usually done...

And the result is they give him more attention, often more food and drink, and he has better experience.

This is also applicable to other sales methods...

Now, can you do it with an email?

You can send money using PayPal, for example. (If I remember right, I think Glenn's tested that too!)

The main problem with that is PayPal will charge you... I think it's around 30 cents plus 2% or 3% interest in fees if you donate money to someone... So they take a big chunk of that already.

But there are ways being developed to do this with crypto-currencies where the cost is much, much lower...

Imagine getting a sales email - and as part of the email, you've got some free cryptocurrency money!

There are already developments relating to this, and I think we'll see more developments on this in the future...

Best wishes!

Dien

Glenn June 29, 2021 04:57 PM

Just Sent 10 People a 1.00 on PayPal & This FLIRT REPORT

Thanks Dien,

You just click on - "Sending moolah to a friend."

And PayPal does not charge a fee.

Glenn

https://rentamentor-56426.medium.com...o-384ad2e76f49

GordonJ June 30, 2021 10:48 AM

What sort of membership site would if you gave 5k a day away?

Well. Would you pay 38 bux a month to join a membership site, where they gave away 5 thousand bux a day?

Would that get the attention of a few people?

Gordon

Millard Grubb June 30, 2021 11:01 AM

Re: What sort of membership site would if you gave 5k a day away?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 42070)
Well. Would you pay 38 bux a month to join a membership site, where they gave away 5 thousand bux a day?

Would that get the attention of a few people?

Gordon

You would get a boatload of people I would think. Of course you would have to get enough people that would cover the cost of the giveaway, costs, etc.

Hmmm. $150,000 a month for giveaways. Approx. 4000 people a month to cover the $5000 giveaways. Assume you would need to offer some content so this would not be considered a contest or drawing or whatever... Don't know the laws on this.

Of course, no one can prevent someone from just gifting anyone with cash, can they?

This is something worth looking into for other ways outrageous gifts can be perks of joining a particular site.

Cheers,

Millard

GordonJ June 30, 2021 06:09 PM

Grants and investments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millard Grubb (Post 42071)
You would get a boatload of people I would think. Of course you would have to get enough people that would cover the cost of the giveaway, costs, etc.

Hmmm. $150,000 a month for giveaways. Approx. 4000 people a month to cover the $5000 giveaways. Assume you would need to offer some content so this would not be considered a contest or drawing or whatever... Don't know the laws on this.

Of course, no one can prevent someone from just gifting anyone with cash, can they?

This is something worth looking into for other ways outrageous gifts can be perks of joining a particular site.

Cheers,

Millard

Only 5 times a week, M-F. M, W, F...would be Investments in small start-ups, with a small piece of the pie in play. T and Th, would be grants from an Arts Foundation, tax free, no obligation other than to show their art.

Now consider an Angel Investor, and Venture Capitalists. An angel, may have a million bux to invest. 5k x 3 per wk, = 15k X 52= 787,000 and consider folks like sharks, and the thousands of multi-millionaires. Might we find one who would join in the experiment?

Millions of grant dollars are already being rewarded, for only 520 thousand, a small art foundation could put up that, especially if they rec'd donations (tax free) from one of the above types.

So, say Billionaire Mark Cuban gave a million to the MC Art Foundation awarding over 200 small 5kgrants a year.

And Angel Woman, Angela Moneybags wanted to help provide SEED money for ideas, new start-ups.

OK, there is the funding. At the site, EDUCATION, in particular marketing in various forums, taught by already successful Entrepreneurs, say a Stephen King for writers...much like Masterclass does.

So, the membership site would provide the funding as well as ongoing continuous education on how to grow your business, and maybe one of the start ups is affiliate, which other members might want to join in on OR invest in. Invest in fellow members, so it isn't only about getting money, it is seeing opportunity at the very foundation, THE IDEA.

There are many funding sites. There are many "Masterclass", learning sites...so a combination...

is that delusional??

P.S. Not unlike Jim Straws old Biz Op Digest, where one could have had a 10% stake in APPLE for only 50k...or like Sherman Hunters ealliance, where people with money, seek those who need it and also business alliances are made.

OH, the 38 is roughly the cost of HBOMAX and NETFLIX. Rather than spend that money and time in entertainment, spend it on your future, eh?

Millard Grubb July 1, 2021 10:06 AM

Re: Sending money through the mail... for instant attention and rapport!

Very intriguing.

I can see you've put a bit of thought into this.

This looks good enough to investigate further.

Thanks.

GordonJ July 1, 2021 10:07 AM

Like many "middleman" or TOLL position concepts this one...

Standing between supply and demand and collecting a TOLL is one of the IDEAL business concepts.

Consider software for say, plumbers. Big market. But plumbers are just part of the trades...so a software which does it all for plumbers, can be easily used by electricians, handymen, etc.

There is a demand for funding. From both artists and start-up Entrepreneurs.

There is a supply. A membership site simply builds a bridge between the two.

Gordon

GordonJ July 1, 2021 02:22 PM

The big difference is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millard Grubb (Post 42075)
Very intriguing.

I can see you've put a bit of thought into this.

This looks good enough to investigate further.

Thanks.

Getting the EDUCATION along with the money. Guidance, mentors who have a vested interest are more likely to avail their networks, contacts and goodwill on someone's behalf.

So many start-ups, the Entrepreneur doesn't have enough real life education or guidance.

And yes, there has been some thought put into it.

Over the last decade we've seen the explosion of crowd funding and micro investments with some loosening of regulations on investing too.

Again, tons of places to seek capital, tons of places to find investment...

Few if any place to find both, with a Mastermind in place to better the odds of success for all.

Thanks Millard,

Dien and I have talked about this, I think a couple of weeks back.

Gordon

Glenn July 2, 2021 10:10 PM

The Mark Burnett Model (*The Voice* is in 50 Countries)

Thanks Gordon,

Mark Burnett Model
he perfected on "SURVIVOR" and "THE APPRENTICE"
Is to do all the Work of Selling ADVERTISING - for Lazy TV Executives..

USA Version of "The Voice"
the 4 Celebrity Judges Get Paid 15 to 26 Million Each

How Does Mark "SELL" that to Lazy Network "Suits?"

He SHOWS Them that He Can Produce TWO SEASONS of the Voice
a Year.

Thus the 26 Million He Pays Blake Shelton DOES NOT MATTER.

ROUNDED off to 100 Million for 4 Judges.

Mark walks into a Network Meeting and says,

"Would You Pay 100 Million Per Season of "THE VOICE"
If
I
Could
Show
You
250 Million of PRE-SOLD Advertising Spots?

And We Hear Lawrence Welk Saying, "A 1 and a 2, and a 3..."

SOLD!

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - IN My Opinion - THAT is the Kind of PREPARATION it will Take to Get DONORS to kick in Cash for Moolah Givaway Projects.

Dien Rice July 3, 2021 07:26 AM

I'm going to have to give that a try!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 42069)
Thanks Dien,

You just click on - "Sending moolah to a friend."

And PayPal does not charge a fee.

Glenn

https://rentamentor-56426.medium.com...o-384ad2e76f49

Thanks Glenn,

I definitely did not know that!

I have a subscription product and actually that could be a good way to get people to resubscribe, I reckon. Not everyone is on automatic resubscription...

So it could be a good idea to bribe them to resubscribe...!

I'm going to give that a try because I like that idea! :)

Thanks again for sharing that, Glenn!

Best wishes,

Dien