SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Creating A MasterMind Group (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4210)

Millard Grubb July 28, 2007 10:40 PM

Creating A MasterMind Group

Several of you, including Glenn Osborn are masters at creating MasterMind groups. With what I am doing now, it seems a MasterMind Group will be just the thing to get my project as well as helping others off the ground.

Would someone like to share an experience or two?

Millard

Ankesh July 30, 2007 07:32 AM

Re: Creating A MasterMind Group

I've had a couple of mastermind groups of my own.

Starting a mastermind group

You could either call up a few friends you know will be a good match and ask them if they would like to join a mastermind group. Or you could run an ad on craigslist or your local newspaper.

One simple ad that I've used before:

_________ MasterMind Group
If you would like to join a group of like
minded people, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx.

In my experience, a group of 5-6 people works the best. Its not too many so that everyone doesn't have a chance to pitch in. And its not too few - you'll get a wide range of opinions.

If you decide to call and ask people to join the group, instead of running an ad: try this thing: you ask just 1 friend to join. And that friend asks another friend of his that you don't know too well to join. And that person asks another person to join... until you have the number you want.

This way - you won't remain the center of the mastermind group. And you will have a bunch of people who won't be afraid of saying that your idea sucks.

Mastermind Meetups

In my opinion, once-a-week mastermind meetups worked the best.

How to make sure that everyone shows up to mastermind meetings? We used to have this rule: everyone pays for every meetup.

Say the group is of 6 people. Every week, they meet in a fixed cafe or bookshop. One week only 5 showed up. The bill still gets divided into 6 parts - and the 6th person pays - whether he shows up or not.

This worked very well for my group. People didn't show up only when they went on vacations or had marriages or something like that to attend.

SteveSki July 30, 2007 11:56 AM

Re: How About A 30 Day MasterMind Group/Team?

Hi Millard, You may want to join a team of 5 or 6 people
for the 30 Day Challenge.

http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/blog/

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski

Glenn July 30, 2007 06:23 PM

The ONE Thing I Learned from Watching 2 International Mastermind Groups Crash & Burn

Dear Millard,

Thanks for mentioning me in connection to Masterminding.

I've certainly made more and bigger mistakes in my Mastermind Groups than anyone I know.

IF you think that making more mistakes and Bigger mistakes in a field of expertise makes me an Expert.

Then you'll find this very helpful.

The ONE Thing I've Learned
that makes a Mastermind
Group Highly Profitable is:

You have to Find, Test and Invite Golden Rule people to your group. ONE at a time.

(Since 2 people are a Hi-Profit Mastermind Group. You can Start making money as soon as you find ONE Golden Rule guy or gal.)

You ask, "Glenn - How do I Identify and Test a Person to make sure they practice the Golden Rule?"

Here's how I do it: (AND - I'll Test Prospects FOR you - no charge)

A - I got a referral last week. That Person spent 100.00. So I sent them a 100.00 Thank You Reward.

IF that person Thanks me. I've found a Golden Ruler.

IF that person Reciprocates and sends me a Reward Back. NOW I've Identified someone I want to help Make Richer. Because I can TRUST that the richer they get the more they'll GIVE BACK to me.

B - Another Case Study:

I sold Special Reports to 3 people last week. Strangers.

In addition to the Report they ordered. I Rewarded them with one or two or 3 Other Reports and E-books out of my 48 item 1-of-a-kind archives.

NONE of these 3 Strangers said, *Thank you.*

So I did NOT invite them to my SECRET Archive where we give away 200 mil lion dol lars of proven, tested Money making information.

Over 1000 Ezines. Mostly *How-I-Made-Extra-Cash* Testimonials and CAse Studies from our Subscribers.

C - LASTLY - Here's a shortcut Test. Ask your Mastermind prospect for the names of one or two former or current clients or JV partners who will speak well of them.

EAGLES don't change. IF the person Went the Extra 100 Miles with these people. They will be wonderful Mastermind members with you too.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - LASTLY - Here's a Mastermind Test I give. IF they can't GIVE Money away for Free. They can't Mastermind with you either.

The Test is for them to write a Testimonial describing what Happened when they use ANY of these 3 ideas from our 300 million dollar mentors.

You are welcome to use the Test yourself.

www.woozinator.com

Millard Grubb July 30, 2007 07:46 PM

Re: The ONE Thing I Learned from Watching 2 International Mastermind Groups Crash & B

Thank yew!

I appreciate the test.

Email me Glenn, for a nifty little booklet that'll make your friends sit up and take notice.... Actually they may very well think you can predict the future.

Bravo!

Millard