SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   dashing ahead into ADHD land ... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3753)

bobmcalister February 24, 2007 04:42 PM

dashing ahead into ADHD land ...

well....

went to the local community store today ...good place to pick up a lot of give away toys...like the foot in the door....

had some new CHAPS golf shirts....grabbed several ...went to the dressing room...trying them on ....got a phone call...and went to the check out...left in a hurry ...

looked in rear view to check my mirror...( mere er down here)
and looked great !

Still had on the NEW shirt ...left my old one in the dressing room?...

anyway , will have to go back soon...

ok

here is a flyer I am putting out....(that is the kinda guy I am)

what yall think ...there just HAS to be some improvement ..hehh eh

Free 911 NIGHT Vision
home address sign with ANY job !
(well…almost any job ..those things cost 50 bux each you know). We do what you cant , or don’t want , to do …ANYTHING..(legal,of course ) Paint your house, clean the gutters, the roof, your house, your car..name it Deck renovations, carpentry (we know people! )…call us with any problems and we can solve them..(no inlaw stuff) Call bob, the one and only, he can do it all.. 601 212 5433 (call for you entry into the 1 zillion dollar drawing)

thanks ....

It didnt copy and paste like a flyer ....oh well

Glenn February 24, 2007 08:30 PM

Do-It-Yourselfer Postcard Goes to Hidden HOT Home Owner Niche

Dear Bob,

Thanks.

#1 - You could skip the flyer. Stand at the door of Wall-mart on Fridays and Saturdays. Help people haul their repair junk to the car.

THEY REALLY Need help.

Ask a few SAVVY questions. Prove you know more than they do.

YOU are hired.

#2 - A mentor discovered a hidden niche of RECENTLY RICH folks (In any town or city) who have Just this Second inherited OLDER houses, barns sheds, garages full of stuff.

(I sell the HOT leads - people with 2 houses to pay for sell one fast) to #1 realtors and top mortgage brokers. Owners of local auction houses etc.)

Send them a post card - then call.

Dear Frank Smith,

Thanks for being a great neighbor.

One of your neighbors told me you might be able to use my experience as a Do-it-yourselfer. I have Testimonials from customers.

IF you need painting, roofing, new locks, plumbing, carpentry and simple electrical repair... please call - Bob at ___________ .

Thanks,
Bob McAlister

P.S. - I also have a pickup truck if you need things hauled away. Or taken to Goodwill. I'll call you to double-check.

#3 - You know how much FUN it is to CONTROL the sales process.

Instead of WAITING for them to call.

You call them.

Lawrence February 25, 2007 12:26 AM

About hauling stuff away

Good suggestion, Glen.

Offering to haul away what homeowners don't want is an excellent way to get very useable and/or saleable stuff for FREE!

The homeowners either don't use or want the stuff or they're moving and hauling their unwanted stuff away for free is doing them a favor.

Furniture, lawn mowers, boxes of clothing, even unwanted cars and boats can be acquired for free!

Bob could rent a storage area and then have garage sales or Ebay the stuff or both.

Or, he could just put it all under his bed or wherever.

Jim Straw sells a report about this concept.

Lawrence

Jason February 25, 2007 01:39 AM

Re: moving stuff...... think real estate!

Start a storage business and market the units exclusively to RE agents!
Add the option of a moving company and watch your moving company make $ hand over fist.

Think about it....
RE agents want an uncluttered, yet well represented home ( furniture and basic living decor).

Offert them storage as well as moving of their clients belongings.

You get paid for the storage rental. (half by realtor/ half by realtots client)
You get paid for the initial move to storage,
and you get paid for the move to the Realtor clients new digs.

Something to think about?

Jason

sblanton February 25, 2007 07:21 PM

Re: Do-It-Yourselfer Postcard Goes to Hidden HOT Home Owner Niche

Cool. How do you find the people and how much do you charge
for leads?

Thanks

ggilman March 1, 2007 01:02 AM

Re: dashing ahead into ADHD land ...

Hi Bob,

We have a local guy that hauls stuff off for people, cleans out houses, etc... He does well enough to have a trailer with a roll off on it (which you can rent) and a 2 year old pickup. He also has a one ton that isn't even a year old.

He also hauls stuff out of the house. Anything and everything. He charges you to haul it off. He sorts through it. Anything saleable goes to his father's second hand shop (which he gets a piece of the sale) and the rest goes to the dump.

He must be doing something right....:rolleyes:

Gary