SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Here's How to get Video Clients (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9038)

Don Alm January 21, 2015 05:44 PM

Here's How to get Video Clients

Lots of promoters are offering "60 sec Web Video Commercials"......."Video Ranking" programs with PLR Videos where they show how to get on Page 1 of G. The Videos are pretty good and the promoters show how to "Brand" the videos using "Windows Live Movie Maker".....which is also explained well.

Same with optimizing and uploading to your YouTube Channel.

However.....what none of them really explain is; HOW TO GET BIZNESSES TO PAY YOU....either one time or monthly!

Well.....I put my "vast" years of Direct Sales and Direct Mail experience into the "hopper" and.....looking for a "Psychological Angle" to tap into biz owners "Greed Glands".....and their "competitive nature".....I discovered the "Answer". Here it is in a nutshell;

Get your Video Ranking on Page One for a KeyWord (emergency plumber in Toledo OH as example)

Now....what I used to do was contact "plumbers" by phone or email..... telling them I have a Video Ranking on first page of G for their KeyWord and if they'd like to get the Leads coming from this Video (with a Full Color Thumbnail to draw consumers to the Video)....my fee was X$

So....I'd get some interest and rent some videos BUT.....usually when I mentioned the Monthly Fee, I'd get objections and stalls or "no interest"!

I recently noticed I was NOT stimulating their GREED Glands....so, what I did was.....at the end of each Video instead of placing the Phone Number of ONE "plumber" (with their Logo).....I put FOUR plumbers Logos and Phone Numbers there.

I then made up a Full Color GIANT POSTCARD (with Stamps and Hand Addressed) and sent it to all 4 plumbers, explaining how the Video could bring them Leads and....that I had sent the PostCard to them and 3 other Plumbers (I named them)

I then said I'm looking for just ONE plumber and if THEY wanted to be the ONLY plumber on the Video to.....phone me BEFORE a competitor does!

WOW! The response was AMAZING!

I not only did NOT have to phone or email prospects....THEY PHONED ME! And, because they knew other plumbers had a chance to grab this;
1) Sales were QUICK and EASY
and
2) I got the Price I wanted with NO QUIBBLING or "Think it Over" or other "Stalls"!

And.....I had my local Copy Place print the 4 PostCards on "Double Glossy" stock with STAMPS for postage.....so my cost of sale was miniscule!

Thanks for letting me pass this tip along to the folks here.

Don Alm.....long time Idea Guy

hockeycoachdoug January 21, 2015 06:18 PM

Re: Here's How to get Video Clients

Don- that is one of your better nuggets of gold- thank you.

Don Alm January 21, 2015 10:22 PM

Yup.....most biznesses would LOVE to OUTDO their competitors...if given the opportunity. THIS technique does it!

I've also used the following to take advantage of their "Competitive Spirit" this way;
I create and print a PostCard that shows what I'm doing for Company A. It shows the video ranking on Page 1 for the KeyWord plus all the benefits of having Phone Call Leads going to them.

I then send this postcard to COMPANY B! I wait for 2 days and call Co B ....apologizing for sending them info about what I've done for Co A. This usually gets a response about Co B taking the Leads.....and, again, there is NO negotiation on my FEE. They "assume" Co A is ready to pay the Fee so....they agree to pay ME...if they can take Co A's place!

I hope you folks can see the Power of this!

Go for it!

Don Alm....long-time Idea and Sales Guy

TommyBoy January 26, 2015 02:50 PM

What's the secret to getting these videos to rank? It's been hit or miss for me. What about population of the area? I'm probably trying too hard for the cities over a certain population...trying to score big when the smaller cities (below 30,000) would do just fine.

Thanks.

Don Alm January 28, 2015 10:55 AM

Stay with towns of 30,000 or less!....for starters!

Heck.....I just got a video on Page 1 for a Plumber Keyword in a town of 3,500.....and.....got 1 of the 2 plumbers to pay my rental fee.

Same with a town of 7,000.....ranked a video for a Veterinarian and 1 of the 2 Vets bought.

I then use those successes to go to prospects in larger towns BUT.....I don't even try in towns over 100,000 pop.

Does it really make a difference to you if clients are paying you $150/mo or more from small towns or large cities! The moneys the same.

Go after the easy ones....then think about expanding.

Don Alm

Don Alm January 28, 2015 12:40 PM

One MAIN Thing to know about small town competition; Local consumers are NOT dependent upon local Service businesses to Serve them!

Plumbers, Animal Hospitals, Chiropractors, Dentists, Roofers, Electricians... etc service a BIG AREA.....at least a 20 mile circle!

So....what does this mean to someone trying to find biznesses to pay for KeyWord Videos ranking for KeyWords in a small town?

If the 2 Service biznesses in the small town don't buy.....there's a WHOLE lot of similar biznesses within a 20 mi radius who WILL!

Don Alm

TommyBoy January 28, 2015 02:27 PM

Roger that.

I just created a video for a not so popular niche for a town of 31,000. Within 6 minutes it was on page 1 of Google (#10). Swinging for the fence with the other niches and towns. Thanks for your reply, Don.

Don Alm January 28, 2015 04:38 PM

Hey Tommy.....NOW.....use that video as an Example of what you can do.... to "entice" the BIG BOYS.....ie...."Personal Injury Attorneys"....."Roofing Contractors"....."Assisted Living Facilities".....even "Dentists".

I know 2 guys who get $1,500 MONTHLY from a 60sec Video with KeyWords of "Personal Injury Attorney (Town)" and "Assisted Living (Town)" and "Roofer (Town)" and....."Emergency Plumber (Town)(only $500/Mo for this one).

Heck....just ONE "personal injury client" can bring in a few hundred thousand to a Law Firm....and....the cheapest Assisted Living Facility in my small town is...."$2,500 A MONTH!"....and there are SIX of them in a town of 20,000! You kiddin' me? My goodness man, attack these niches in SMALL towns and you can be set for life.

Just 10 Personal Injury Law Firms could put $15,000 A MONTH in yer jeans!

10 Roofers in 10 different SMALL Towns ....also! Same with 10 Assisted Living places!

Start with "EMERGENCY PLUMBER (TOWN)" as a KeyWord and....once you get a plumber paying little ol' you $250 A MONTH.....move onto the Big Boys!

Hey! NOBODY.....I REPEAT....NOBODY....is going after these type of accounts! Ohh...maybe 2 or 3 .....but NOT in "Small Town America"!

For "HomeWork".....Google "FindLaw" and see what you come up with. This company has been operating for a few years and.....collecting ONE THOUSAND BUCKOREENOS .....MONTHLY.....from ALL of their Law Firm clients!

AND.....just because a Law Firm has a listing in "FindLaw" and paying $1,000 a month.....does NOT mean.....little ol' YOU can't get $1,000 or more A MONTH from any Law Firm in FindLaw.....on the contrary.....those Firms in FindLaw .....are not only GOOD Prospects for your KeyWord Videos Ranking for "Personal Injury Attorney (Town)".....they are the BEST Prospects!

Why? Because they have already PROVED they are willing to pay $1,000/mo to be listed on a Internet Directory.

Holy Camoly! GO FOR IT!

The niches I listed above can make your future VERY BRIGHT! Again, the thing I like MOST about "Ranking KeyWord Videos" is.....how easy it is to get clients AND.....NO WORK! Just "Set and Forget"!

One of my Video buddies went into SMS stuff BUT.....he's had to work his buns off....constantly sending out Text Messages to customers of his clients.

My suggestion is.....Rank a Promo Video for a KeyWord so that it's causing your clients to receive Phone Calls.....then.....sit back and relax while PayPal sends you money every month while you're sitting on the beach in the Bahamas.

Don Alm......."Beach-Comber"

Don Alm

TommyBoy February 1, 2015 03:17 PM

Good stuff, Don. Not sure exactly how your videos are staying on the front page but here are my results:
  • personal injury lawyer [small town of 30K] stayed on page 1 for 2 days, then dropping to page 2 and 3
  • foundation repair [small town of 25K] - stayed on page 1 for 2 days, now fluctuating between top of Page 2 and bottom of page 1
  • cheap used cars in [small town of 30K] - #6 on Page 1 within 2 minutes!! Now 20 hours later on page 2
  • cheap used cars in [another small town of 40K] Page 1 for a while, but now on page 2.

I haven't contacted owners yet until I"m sure those videos will "stick".
Thoughts?