SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What is the POTENTIAL value of your day? Millions? Or survival? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10177)

GordonJ June 28, 2018 04:22 PM

What is the POTENTIAL value of your day? Millions? Or survival?

Dien and I are working on separate projects with million dollar payoff potential.

In between the bread and butter on the table and roof over head daily mundane tasks we do...we are working on our POTENTIAL.

I get a little miffed with people, especially so many at the Warrior Forum, who have such petty little survival thoughts. How to make 100 bux a day? How to build a recurring incoming? But I hardly ever see anyone talking about their million dollar dream, oh sure, a few do, but when you ask about the ACTION they are taking toward that dream, it gets pretty quiet.

I had a talk today with a guy who has a million dollar idea. But, whether or not it comes to that, is going to depend on his well thought and EXECUTED plan of action. In the meantime, he has to keep spending his 30 hours a week for his PAYCHECK.

That 30 hours is self employment doing something he knows how to do and can get done in 6 hours a day, which leaves him about 4 for his BIG PLAN.

If he worked a regular job, where he spent 8 hours working and 2 hours a day getting ready and commuting to and from, he would not have the time to pursue anything.

Could he scale up what he is doing for his "paycheck" to make a million bux?

NO! Never. Like so many of us, our paychecks, even when we are Entrepreneurs with good cash flow businesses, always need tending too, taken care of and looked after.

Vast majority won't get their million bucks from WORKING, but a few will, under 2% who build successful businesses.

But that is irrelevant to my point, POTENTIAL. Say I'm cleaning headlights, and 3 days a week covers my income needs, to live. How could I scale that up? With a ton of imagination and work, MAYBE, develop a franchise, and sell it, but that may take a decade or more.

Cleaning headlights has LIMITED potential. As does most of our work day.

What is exciting is to have some BIG POTENTIAL time in your day to work on your million dollar idea.

What is the POTENTIAL of your day, and is there time in what you are doing to be working on a bigger dream, goal or desire?

Gordon

Dien Rice July 3, 2018 11:19 AM

Do millionaires all have gold pocket watches?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 39216)
Dien and I are working on separate projects with million dollar payoff potential.

Hi Gordon,

I've been fortunate to have met - over the past 3 years or so - many millionaires and multi-millionaires... and one billionaire...

What does a millionaire or multi-millionaire look like? Many people envision someone with a pocket watch on a gold chain, wearing a monocle, and driving a Rolls Royce... None of the millionaires I've met look like that.

One I met in a hotel lobby (for our meeting)... He was wearing jeans, and a button shirt. Looked quite ordinary. Another I've met was wearing a normal suit (I met him in his office, so that made sense). The billionaire I met was wearing a suit with a yellow tie (I have a photo of us together)... He had just finished dinner and was waiting to be picked up...

The fact is, millionaires, multi-millionaires, and even billionaires - are in general ordinary people.

You shouldn't be intimidated by them...

I don't know why I went on this rant, but I did... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

dave_g July 31, 2018 12:10 PM

Re: What is the POTENTIAL value of your day? Millions? Or survival?

Hey, you've got quite a range of rich people you've met :) bet they still have gold watches, just they don't wear them all the time :D