SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ok...you 7 dollar book fans.... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3734)

bobmcalister February 17, 2007 02:14 PM

ok...you 7 dollar book fans....

I find me a little niche
'borrow' some information
write my little ebook
post thru ezines

pssssstt.....

write the book in ......program ?

store the ebook .......where ?

so that purchaser can access it with NO problemos...

thanks
bob

yep...I read the book ....

Ankesh February 17, 2007 03:33 PM

Re: ok...you 7 dollar book fans....

Write the report in word format.

Go to www.zamzar.com and convert the word file into a pdf file.

Upload the pdf file on your web server.

Create a thank you page. Add a mailing list form on that thank you page.

When people sign up for that mailing list - they get your ebook.

So how it'll work is:

1. People pay $7
a. either you get this money or your affiliate gets it
2. In both the cases, the buyer is forwarded to the thank you page
3. The buyer gives his email address on that thank you page (so now you have a mailing list with whom you can follow up and sell more products)
4. They get your ebook through email

bobmcalister February 17, 2007 03:41 PM

thanks ankesh

ok ....will look up the definitions of web server, and creating a thank you page...

I dont have a web site per se , have been using the squidoo and blogger...

will that work ?

thanks again

then again ...could use the GDI site ..?

Ankesh February 17, 2007 04:10 PM

Unfortunately - the $7 script won't work if you don't have your own domain name.

You could start with doteasy.com - and get a domain with web hosting (web server space) for $25 a year.

I personally use dreamhost.com for web hosting - they cost about $10 a month - but I do have a lot of sites.

You can search for a $97 dreamhost coupon code online and get your first year's hosting for just $23 or so. But after the first year is over, you'll have to pay about $120 a yr (o $10 a month).

Skip Rosell February 17, 2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmcalister (Post 14038)
I find me a little niche
'borrow' some information
write my little ebook
post thru ezines

pssssstt.....

write the book in ......program ?

store the ebook .......where ?

so that purchaser can access it with NO problemos...

thanks
bob

Hi Bob,

If you will do a little testing for me I will set this up for You. Give me a call, you have my number, ok?

Skip

yep...I read the book ....

GordonJ February 17, 2007 06:27 PM

Here's how to write a BEST SELLER Bob...one that will make you tons of money...

because there are millions, maybe even thousands or at least scores of people in your shoes.

So here is what YOU do.

I'm going to make some assumptions, but you correct me if I get any of them wrong.

You read the book 7 Dollar Secrets by Jonathan Leger.
It sounded good to you.
You may even have an idea or two bouncing around in your noggin.

This could be something you might be able to do...IF ONLY...

you knew HOW to do it...

From SCRATCH...and this is where your Best Seller comes in Bob...

Starting with this post, you document all the advice, and what ACTION steps you take...open up a word doc and start putting in screen shots of places you visit...

Tell the masses what you did, what you didn't do...how it all took place in a simple straight forward down home southern manner that even a 6 year old could understand. Tell em in 20 to 30 pages...and you have your BEST SELLER.

OK, just for the sake of example, say you write a little TRAVEL guide called Delta Dawns..The Insiders Guide to Missississippi Sunrise (and Sunsets Too) with the subtitle...17 Secret Places You MUST Visit in Ole MS...

You write it in Word. If you don't have word, you can use the FREE word processor...Open Office (and if you do, it can save as pdf too, it is built in)...

You put in a few maps of MS, tell a tall tale or two...put in a few pics (small ones)...make a list of the 17 places to see with a little blurb, give a little history...use Public Domain stuff...such as:

the kind you would find at www.pueblo.gsa.gov and find maps of the National Parks, CIVIL WAR AT A GLANCE (they have maps, and you know this is a big niche)...

PLUS the State and Communities as well as Places to See themselves will provide you with some great CONTENT for your Delta Dawns report.

So you take a few days and write this 30 page (or much less even) 7 Dollar Report...NOW WHAT?

Now remember, you're keeping a "journal" of what you are doing...so you spend the 25 bux and get the site that Ankesh mentioned:

And you register the Domain Delta Dawns, and then you have to learn about the software that comes with the site...Website Creator...and every question/obstacle or thing you don't understand...

you write it in your "journal"...and when you get the answer (maybe here even)...you have ANSWERS to problems that other people face.

At your site, you'll need the SALES page, and you use Jon's 7 Dollar Secrets as an EXAMPLE...and use the Website Creator tool at your website to create the PAGE...

And you'll need the return page too...where they can download the report...after you have uploaded it to your site...and YES, you may not know how to do that right now...but then again, you will and when you do...you'll have the ability to tell others (because you've been hitting that Print Screen key at the top right of your keyboard...and saving them in that word processor).

Then you have to upload the script...and ONCE you do it, you'll be able to do it again and again...

So you set a TIME frame...by March 15 th 2007, you'll have this completed (for example)...so you've got about 30 days roughly...It will take X amount of time, say you work 1/2 an hour a day on the report, get the web site, start learning it...then as you get closer to deadline, you'll see what you have to FOCUS on...

once you have the process under your belt (and maybe it takes 3 months, OK) you can repeat the process.

Jonathon Leger has set up his site www.7dollaroffers.com and you could post your Delta Dawns report there under the Travel section...

And hopefully, within that report, you have an offer for HOW I DID THIS in 45 Days and How You Can Too...for another offer, only this one for more money...SEE?

So Bob, you have to first thing MAKE a decision you want to do this and will follow through. The best way is to commit your MONEY first...go and spend the 25 bux to get the web site and register the domain...

NOW, you'll at least be a little more likely to want to get your money back...and with only 4 sales of your 7 dollar book, you will...then, once you have COMMITTED to doing it...

you have to lay out your plan...start collecting material...FOCUS in on the steps...you can't JUMP ahead to selling before you have something to sell (affiliate things aside that is).

And of course, we're here to help all DOERS, those that actually take action and make an attempt.

Well, that's my mini-guide to what and how to do it.

And ANYONE reading this, who doesn't have a clue, can do the exact same thing with a subject they know about and want to bring to market with the 7 Dollar System...but it takes a FOCUS of want.

A FRAMEWORK to use (and Jon Leger gave you that)

and a FOUNDATION to build on (the learning curve you MUST go through, in this example, learning and using Website Creator software that comes with your hosting account at doteasy.com)

Good luck Bob.

Gordon Jay Alexander (Author of 7 Minutes to Freedom {coming soon})

SteveSki February 17, 2007 09:27 PM

$7 Question For Gordon

Hi Gordon,

A while back you posted about
http://www.kunaki.com/

What I'm thinking is to create a
$7 product and putting it on...
http://www.7Dollar-Products.com

When people purchase the product
I want them to be taken to a page
where they opt-in to my Aweber
autoresponder and they receive their
download link after they confirm their email.

But I would also like them to be taken to a
one time offer page immediately after they make
their $7 purchase.

The offer I'd like to make is for a Physical Product "CD".

It would be great if that order could go straight to
http://www.kunaki.com/ so they can package the CD
and drop ship it for me. That way the whole process
could be automated. I'd only have to offer email and
phone support to my customers.

I was wondering if anyone can show me a way to put
things together to accomplish that?

The way the $7 scripts are written now both the initial purchase
and the One Time Offer option go through Paypal.

Any ideas from you or others on how to achieve the above will be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve Shulenski
www.PetStarUSA.com

Skip Rosell February 17, 2007 10:42 PM

Re: $7 Question For Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSki (Post 14046)
Hi Gordon,

A while back you posted about
[url]http://www.kunaki.com

What I'm thinking is to create a
$7 product and putting it on...
http://www.7Dollar-Products.com

When people purchase the product
I want them to be taken to a page
where they opt-in to my Aweber
autoresponder and they receive their
download link after they confirm their email.

But I would also like them to be taken to a
one time offer page immediately after they make
their $7 purchase.

The offer I'd like to make is for a Physical Product "CD".

It would be great if that order could go straight to
http://www.kunaki.com/ so they can package the CD
and drop ship it for me. That way the whole process
could be automated. I'd only have to offer email and
phone support to my customers.

I was wondering if anyone can show me a way to put
things together to accomplish that?

The way the $7 scripts are written now both the initial purchase
and the One Time Offer option go through Paypal.

Any ideas from you or others on how to achieve the above will be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve Shulenski
www.PetStarUSA.com

Hi Steve,

Not to answer for gordon, but here is my 2 cents.

After the squeeze page takes them to your auto responder have them go to the sales page at www.kunaki.com at the same time have your auto responder send them an email with the download link for your $7 dollar item.

In other words you are using the sales page at www.kunaki.com as the OTO and your auto responders first email as the download page.

I think that would work. Hope that helps.

Skip Rosell

SteveSki February 18, 2007 09:55 AM

Re: $7 Question For Skip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Rosell (Post 14047)
Hi Steve,

Not to answer for gordon, but here is my 2 cents.

After the squeeze page takes them to your auto responder have them go to the sales page at www.kunaki.com at the same time have your auto responder send them an email with the download link for your $7 dollar item.

In other words you are using the sales page at www.kunaki.com as the OTO and your auto responders first email as the download page.

I think that would work. Hope that helps.

Skip Rosell

Thanks Skip.

I just set up my Kunaki account and uploaded a demo version of the product. Then ordered a sample and got a sales page link from them at... http://Kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00ZOEY7N

However... It appears that you cannot add a sales letter to the order link and customers can't use paypal to order (credit cards only) so it looks like I'll have to take my buyers to a One Time Offer page right after they place their $7 order and put the link to the Kunaki order page on that OTO page.

I normally sell this product for $97 to $197 on ebay and plan on doing my OTO for $47

If buyers bookmark the link they could go back to the Kunaki sales page at a later date and oder. That kinda defeats having a real OTO. But I guess I could just delete the product every few days and then put it right back up which will generate a new Kunaki Order Link for it. Then I would just have to replace the old link on my OTO page every time I set up a new order link.

That would work for me if Kunaki used Paypal. But as they only take credit cards I think I'll have to oder my DVD's in bulk and pay a friend to drop ship the orders for me. That way the customer could use paypal or a credit card to order and this would be a real one time offer that they could only take advantage of by ordering right then.

Do you think that would work well enough?

Thanks again. I appreciate your input!

Steve

GordonJ February 18, 2007 10:34 AM

Just my opinion Steve, I think you're asking too much of the customer...

Steve,

I reserve the right to be totally wrong about this...but,

since you asked. The reason I'm so HOT on the 7 Dollar Secrets script is the simplicity and the no hassle part of it.

The more hoops I have to jump through, the less likely I'll complete the checkout...probably cause I'm a tired old man who can't jump any more and I'm afraid I'll trip and fall and break my neck.

It just seems to me that you are asking a lot from your 7 Dollar Promotion...and maybe you'll get it...only testing can tell you that.

I'd be more inclined to take a different tack on this...make one or more 7 Dollar Offers as a front end to the OTO (One Time Offer), and include the
offer in the book. OR...

Send a followup email later in the day via autoresponder that takes them to the OTO at Kunaki.

The thing I like about the way Jonathan did it was, it is a LEAD generator that pays. 7 DOLLAR offers help you build a targeted list...and in regarding the Lifetime Value of a buyer, well, to me, that person can be cultivated and developed and SUPPORTED and be worth several times more to you than a one time offer. Maybe.

At least that is how I see it. Most of my 7 Dollar buys have been on curiosity, and I'm satisfied now...have no need to see what others are doing and how...it has become pretty near a template, cookie cutter type approach. I'm going in a little different direction, not getting off the main 7 Dollar road, just taking a little back road, less traveled route.

Maybe someone else can help you do what you want...but I suggest you think it through and see how the leads can produce a longer, steadier income stream for you.

Hope this helps. OH, you could have someone Stateside as either an affiliate or Virtual Assistant, and for a small piece of action (maybe you increase offer by a few bux to cover this???) can have the offer that accepts PayPal and she/he places the Kunaki order. That probably doesn't appeal to you, I know it doesn't to me...but it is an alternative.

OK. Let's hope others have a better solution for you.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. Despite the success I've had with 7 Dollar offers and all, I'm still chatteling my little heart out...and chatteling is still the quickest and easiest way to get some cash coming in.

http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/aft...sp?afid=531417