SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where To Advertise Info Products and Consulting Services Online? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10914)

MikePT February 13, 2021 04:23 PM

Where To Advertise Info Products and Consulting Services Online?

Hey everyone,

I am wondering: where are the best online media to advertise info products and consulting services?

- I sell different types of physical products on Facebook and on a classified website. Facebook is the best.

- About consulting services I think is Linkedin and search engines (Google) are the best. Has anyone had sucess advertising consulting on Facebook?

- And on info products , I think a search engine (Google) is the best. Anyone with success on advertising info products on Facebook?

Thank you.

MikePT

unpinkpanther February 13, 2021 11:37 PM

Like J.F. (Jim) Straw would ask...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 41595)
Hey everyone,

I am wondering: where are the best online media to advertise info products and consulting services?

Thank you.

MikePT

Hey MikePT

Until the experts chip in, here's my take.

Like J.F. (Jim) Straw would ask:

"Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?"

The only way to find the best advertising media for you is to TEST.

Of course not blindly. There must be some underlying hypothesis you're trying to validate.

For instance, you mentioned LinkedIn.

Maybe you believe your target audience hangs out there often and would respond to your offer

So you TEST with an ad or 2.

And then from your results, you'll have a better idea of how valid your initial assumptions were.

(And this is even ignoring other variables like the effectiveness of your copy, timing, etc)

In my experience, nothing beats testing. Someone else's "best" media may not be my own best.

Hope that helps

MikePT February 14, 2021 05:51 AM

Re: Where To Advertise Info Products and Consulting Services Online?

Hi unpinkpanther,

Yes, of course, as Ogilvy said "in direct mail testing is the name of the game".

However I just wanted share some ideas and to know if anyone was having success. Maybe being lazy, I admit.

Thanks!

unpinkpanther February 14, 2021 01:17 PM

On the other hand...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 41599)
Maybe being lazy, I admit.

Thanks!

Hey MikePT

On the other hand, I wouldn't call that "lazy" at all.

We are all learning together

Keep your head up!

unpinkpanther February 15, 2021 06:18 AM

Let me give you an example...

Hey MikePT

Like I told you, we are all still learning.

Let me give you an example

Here is a promotion I'm currently working on:

http://bit.ly/downloadsuccesstemplate

So far, the best buyers for that report have been from good ol' SOWPub.com (Thank you, all)

I won't bore you with some of the weird objections I've heard from people who I presented this promo to.

In those situations, I take it to be that perhaps I have presented the right message to the wrong people

Not necessarily "wrong" in being innately flawed.

It just could be that they are not ready for this type of information - yet

So the next question is: where do I find more SOWPub-like people, both online and offline?

Any ideas?

MikePT February 15, 2021 06:32 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Let me ask: where you would advertise it outside here of sowpub?

Thanks.

Dien Rice February 18, 2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 41595)
Hey everyone,

- I sell different types of physical products on Facebook and on a classified website. Facebook is the best.

- About consulting services I think is Linkedin and search engines (Google) are the best. Has anyone had sucess advertising consulting on Facebook?

- And on info products , I think a search engine (Google) is the best. Anyone with success on advertising info products on Facebook?

Hi Mike,

I see people successful selling info-products on Facebook... But in my observation, it is usually a two-step (or more) process...

It is usually to offer something for free (often a webinar, a report, or a video), then from there, promote the product they have to pay for...

I've had my best success using my own email lists. The great thing about an email list is it gives you multiple "shots" to make a sale, as you can contact the prospect multiple times. I always try to give something valuable in every email I send out... First, it makes me feel good to do it... And secondly, I want people to stay on my email lists (and keep reading them) forever, if possible... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

MikePT February 18, 2021 02:15 PM

Hi Dien,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I see people successful selling info-products on Facebook... But in my observation, it is usually a two-step (or more) process...

I agree with you.

For what I observe and experience selling information and consulting is different from physical products, specially on impulse products of course. For info products and consulting is needed a more relationship nourished.

On info products I believe Facebook works nice, for my own experience. With a two-step or more process.

On consulting I believe Google stills is the best. Maybe Linkedin is equally good.

Because this comes back from what I consider what Facebook and Google is:

• Facebook (FEED, not Marketplace) = is a "mixed" magazines and TV;
• Google (Adwords, not Adsense) = a new phone book yellow pages;

Thanks again Dien.:)

unpinkpanther February 19, 2021 03:34 AM

Great conversation...

Hey MikePT

Thanks for keeping this going.

Just curious: how do you keep your Google advertising profitable?

Full disclosure: I haven't tried Google and I'm sort of biased AGAINST it from the get-go.

Why?

Correct me if I'm getting the concept wrong, but the idea of bidding to get the highest number of clicks doesn't sound very profitable to me.

(Kinda reminds me of my failed experiments with online banner ads, but let's not even go there!)

I love Facebook's specific targeting - I could technically target only ONE person on Facebook. I love that flexibility.

But that's just my bias. What do I know?

Thanks again for keeping up the conversation, MikePT

MikePT February 19, 2021 12:13 PM

Hi unpink,

I don't advertise on Google.

I advertised on the past for consulting services, and it worked.

I only advertise at the moment on Facebook. I believe for consulting and into products on Facebook two-step advertising is the way to go.

MikePT