SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Make Money from YouTube... (how to _Really_ do it) (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8942)

Dien Rice July 27, 2014 06:15 PM

Make Money from YouTube... (how to _Really_ do it)

One guy has shared how to make money from YouTube... How he did it. He makes $27k per year in passive income from YouTube...

Now that may not sound like a lot, but it's passive income, which means that once it's up and running, it keeps generating moolah...

Before I link to the complete information, I'll just quote his "misconceptions" about doing this, which I think are big eye-openers!

Here they are...
"Some common misconceptions to start things off

"Misconception # 1: You earn money through advertising on YouTube

"Advertising dollars is the smallest of your revenue streams. The main revenue streams from a YouTube business is through selling of products from your own site or through other off-site methods.

"Misconception # 2: You need to post up videos constantly for a channel to keep earning money

"If your videos suck, your channel would be dead, there's nothing more to it. However, a well optimized, well positioned video will stay ranked for years. (type in "how to dance" to see my video). And that video will collectively generate hundreds of thousands, even millions of visitors over the years. Just like how a well written article can rank top on google for years.

"Misconception # 3: YouTube videos are suppose to be an hour long, filled with end-to-end solutions.

"YouTube videos ARE HOW-TO SALES VIDEOS! A Good YouTube video educates and teaches to build trust and sells the viewer on why they should come to your site to do business with you."
If you want more information on how to do this, check out the following link (all free)...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur...e_subscribers/

His free 50-page manual is available from this link (PDF format)...

Best wishes!

Dien

sandalwood July 28, 2014 09:52 AM

Re: Make Money from YouTube... (how to _Really_ do it)

Dien,

Another excellent gift to the masses. Admittedly I have not jumped into the YT craze but that doesn't mean I won't. I'm probably like almost everyone else. All I need is some motivation and a few helping ideas. This guy's pdf does that.

Pappy July 29, 2014 12:55 AM

Dien: I'm not into the youtube making money thing... And I didn't check out your links :( BUT on the flip side, I found a thread on warrior that has been growing and growing over the years..

Its called "what to do if you are deperate?"

when I initially found it, it took me about 2 days to read all of the responses.
It has continually grown into a life of its own.

NOW, becoming relevant to the current topic, it has a BUNCH of post on how to make money on youtube.

So along with your post, others can research the relevant post on this link: A bunch of info believe me

later...
Pappy

Dien Rice July 31, 2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandalwood (Post 33874)
Another excellent gift to the masses. Admittedly I have not jumped into the YT craze but that doesn't mean I won't. I'm probably like almost everyone else. All I need is some motivation and a few helping ideas. This guy's pdf does that.

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you found it useful!

I figure that it never hurts to know what's going on, and also how to profit from it!

Best wishes, :)

Dien

Dien Rice July 31, 2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy (Post 33875)
Dien: I'm not into the youtube making money thing... And I didn't check out your links :( BUT on the flip side, I found a thread on warrior that has been growing and growing over the years..

Its called "what to do if you are deperate?"

when I initially found it, it took me about 2 days to read all of the responses.
It has continually grown into a life of its own.

NOW, becoming relevant to the current topic, it has a BUNCH of post on how to make money on youtube.

So along with your post, others can research the relevant post on this link: A bunch of info believe me

Hi Pappy,

I had a look... that's a great thread! Lots of good, basic, "elbow-grease" type of ideas there for making money - which would (and do) work... It's a good thread to "save" just in case you (or someone you know) ever needs it!

On a related note... I've mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again..

Many years ago, I asked Gordon Alexander, what should I do if I want to be successful in business?

He told me - get a sales job.

So... I did.

I also read books about how to succeed in sales, and talked to people here about it too... and (from experience), I learned how to sell.

Why is that important? If you can sell, you can always make money, find a job, or whatever. Getting a job is really just selling yourself. And if you want to start a business, you're going to have to sell your product or service (even if it's as simple a service as cleaning gutters or raking up leaves). Or if you're looking for an investment for your business, you have to sell your company as being "investable". If you want top employees, you have to "sell" them on why they should work for you!

I never regret having taken Gordon's advice. It's done me well over time...! And the people I see who struggle, are often those who don't really know how to sell...

My take on this is, investing in your own sales skills can lead to the kind of life of freedom that many people pine for...!

Best wishes,

Dien

Pappy August 11, 2014 01:29 AM

Hey Dien: all of the sell your stuff on cl, ebay, etc post are good for quick money. But there are some really "nice" post on marketing on YouTube, affiliate marketing, and other online ventures... You have to dig through all of the "sell your stuff now" post to discover some real gems. It's a long thread but really worth the read. It spans over 2 years. Not saying you didn't read all the post :D

But I read every one of them.. :)
Later
Pappy