SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A good business for bad times... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11221)

GordonJ May 17, 2022 12:47 PM

Some of the more successful boutiques I love...

Almost had to take a shot of insulin just thinking about all those yummy goodies.

It looks like you are in a great location for this. I won't presume to know your business, but some of the most successful boutiques, especially food also have:

Classes. Hands on instruction.
Books/Recipes, or even short booklets.
And of course, they send their goods via Mail/USPS/FedEX.
YouTube videos.

IF the region has a specialty, or if she makes a different type of jam or confiture ( I like HOT Pomengranate)...or some different marketing methods, be sure to feature those too.

Good luck in this venture, it sounds exciting, and let us know how it turns out.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuxter (Post 42906)
My wife is producing homemade jams, confiture, marmalade, pastille, natural butter and we are going to spread her assortment and for all this we need a place we she can work and sell her goods. So the first our step was business research and business plan, then we found the real estate and now we register an LLC here https://bestllcservices.co/start-an-llc-in-missouri/. It took few minutes and after few days everything is ready. Now we are thinking over the final design for our shop. If you visit Rocheport, MO - you are welcome to visit our place which will be opened in few weeks I hope.

Deuxter May 18, 2022 05:32 AM

Re: Some of the more successful boutiques I love...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 42907)
Almost had to take a shot of insulin just thinking about all those yummy goodies.

It looks like you are in a great location for this. I won't presume to know your business, but some of the most successful boutiques, especially food also have:

Classes. Hands on instruction.
Books/Recipes, or even short booklets.
And of course, they send their goods via Mail/USPS/FedEX.
YouTube videos.

IF the region has a specialty, or if she makes a different type of jam or confiture ( I like HOT Pomengranate)...or some different marketing methods, be sure to feature those too.

Good luck in this venture, it sounds exciting, and let us know how it turns out.

Gordon

Thanks for support, Gordon! Unfortunately pomegranate is not what we produce as we make our goods from what we grow by ourselves and we don't have pomegranate tree at our garden, though we tried to cultivate it. We have apple, pear, appricot, peach and plum trees. Also I am thinking about trying to grow grapes and making a wine.

GordonJ May 19, 2022 11:51 AM

Te big 5, apples, peaches pumpkin pie...

who's not ready, holler I.

Jay and The Techniques.

We had apple, pear and peach trees in my yard as a kid, my mom could create a zillion things from just what we grew, toss in Rhubarb and Cherries from across the street, and yummy to my tummy.

And the big 5 make nice liqueurs too, as my Granny used to do back in the holller, that is when she ran out of moonshine, HA!

My aunt made a killer fruitcake, I think about 200% alcohol, started it in June and my Thanksgiving, it was ready to be mixed and baked, the best (and only ) fruitcake I ever enjoyed eating.

I think you'll do just fine, use all of your marketing skills to promote and have fun.

I love this business idea.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuxter (Post 42909)
Thanks for support, Gordon! Unfortunately pomegranate is not what we produce as we make our goods from what we grow by ourselves and we don't have pomegranate tree at our garden, though we tried to cultivate it. We have apple, pear, appricot, peach and plum trees. Also I am thinking about trying to grow grapes and making a wine.