SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will you cash in on the BOOM in 2021, with huge demand for... (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10802)

GordonJ October 24, 2020 03:08 PM

Will you cash in on the BOOM in 2021, with huge demand for...

My best guess (feel free to argue) is...

there will be many businesses in YOUR area which will need HELP on their recovery. Do you think I am wrong?

I think I have more businesses within 5 miles of me which are going to need to get their customers back, increase sales, get leads, sell more stuff ...all things which I am capable of helping them with, if I so choose.

I am keeping a close watch on many small businesses which are on the brink of closing up. And with some direct response marketing help, I am certain I can wear the white hat while riding to their rescue, at a very affordable and grateful fee. How about you?

Are you going to be helping your local businesses to get back on their feet?

Pretty easy money coming just for being the good guy during these bad times.

Gordon

MikePT October 24, 2020 05:13 PM

Re: Will you cash in on the BOOM in 2021, with huge demand for...

Gordon, there is any book/course you recommend to freelancing? The "nuts & bolts".

I found the books from Bob Bly are quite good.

Thanks.

GordonJ October 25, 2020 11:54 AM

It depends on what one will be offering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 41228)
Gordon, there is any book/course you recommend to freelancing? The "nuts & bolts".

I found the books from Bob Bly are quite good.

Thanks.

Bob's older books, like SELLING YOUR SERVICES and Lant's THE CONSULTANT KIT give some pretty solid fundamentals for those types of businesses. Today, I think it depends on what service, skill, or experience you will be offering.

The basics of any FOR HIRE, 1099er, are pretty much the same, with an emphasis on BOOKKEEPING, nothing gets a freelancer into trouble faster than TAXES. So, I'd put that high on the list, having an organized BUSINESS, where funds are separate from personal income.

But for "nuts and bolts" of any given service, I suggest a FACEBOOK group of peers. It will give you current, up to the minute information on your niche.

Some FREELANCERS, like me (NOW) only offer our experience, I don't DO anything. A copy writer, or content writer or a graphic artist has to perform and "turn in" their work. So the process and their procedures differ.

Today, I'm more likely to TRADE (or barter) for my knowledge as opposed to selling it, simply because of my age and situation.

Aside from actually setting up a business and all that entails, I think you would be better to get the nuts and bolts from a current freelancer who is active and successful in your chosen market.

Gordon

MikePT October 25, 2020 05:50 PM

Re: Will you cash in on the BOOM in 2021, with huge demand for...

Awesome. Thanks Gordon.

For sure have a name and years of experience it becomes more easy/credible to sell services.