SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One of my favs. A little gift for you all. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11003)

GordonJ May 29, 2021 12:10 PM

One of my favs. A little gift for you all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wquao2mmod...Jun07.pdf?dl=0

Questions??

Gordon

Glenn May 29, 2021 07:15 PM

You Asked for Questions Gordon - I Have a Question

Thanks Gordon,

Read Your "GIFT"

I am Thinking about The "BOMB" Stage of a Sales Letter.

My "Forbidden Book Lists" Sell Well.
and
My "Weird Copywriting Info Products Sell Well.

This Sales Letter Combines The two.

Too close to it.

Do you think The Two Benefits are Moving Towards a "Can't Say NO Bomb"
Effect or Turning readers off?

Glenn

==========
==========

https://rentamentor-56426.medium.com...g-72a3c974c6f3

GordonJ May 31, 2021 11:45 AM

Here is my response Glenn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 41952)
Thanks Gordon,

Read Your "GIFT"

I am Thinking about The "BOMB" Stage of a Sales Letter.

My "Forbidden Book Lists" Sell Well.
and
My "Weird Copywriting Info Products Sell Well.

This Sales Letter Combines The two.

Too close to it.

Do you think The Two Benefits are Moving Towards a "Can't Say NO Bomb"
Effect or Turning readers off?

Glenn

==========
==========

https://rentamentor-56426.medium.com...g-72a3c974c6f3

Thanks Glenn,

I may have to redo that 25 year old HOTSHEET and take the bomb off. Here's why:

In 1959 I was laying in a hammock we had between the two peach trees in the yard which provided shade all day long. I was just about ready to snooze off.

Then, my brother and his twin pyromaniac Jimmy from down the street, tossed a cherry bomb beneath it. The bomb went off, I jumped (or tried to), got tangled up and fell on my face; dazed and confused (alright, alright, alright {can't help myself}) …

and in a few seconds; ears ringing, adrenaline pumping, heart pounding, I heard their maniacal laughter as they went to torture Jimmy's little brothers.

I also have used the idea of throwing a brick through a plate glass window to get attention, and after thinking long and hard about your post, I was/am WRONG.

Tony Robbins is one of those guys who can use ADRENALINE to get his crowds excited, and through that, get some endorphins released...a very typical tactic used by almost all platform sales people going back to Hitler rallies (or Amway ones, not much difference) and they are effective when crowds get together.

Adrenaline isn't much good in most one to one sales or persuasion situations.

I imagine if you created a loud noise in the restaurant, you might get attention, albeit, not much in the way of rapport. An unexpected loud noise gets the wrong chemicals (drugs, if you will) released.

So, I have to make a correction to that HOTSHEET, which I've been so proud of all these years and maybe replace the bomb with a hot Sun and and FREE ICE CREAM pic.

Your elevator speech was a bomb, of the different kind, and your FREE reports which resonated with the target did the trick. And, in thinking back over half a century of selling, I can now identify the differences between when I overused ADRENALINE and underused ENDORPHINS, mainly because old timey salesman did it that way.

Many a sales guru of yesteryear did the DANCE, or got into the ring with the target prospect, and overcame those initial FIGHT of FLIGHT knee jerk responses of the person they were trying to influence, and some to a high degree of effectiveness.

I may be wrong, but with a ton of first hand research under my belt, I feel safe in saying very few highly successful remote direct marketing campaigns were adrenaline based...maybe a few for adventure experiences and such.

After testing various mind to mind (non-verbal) techniques during an immersive metaphysical period of my life, a different perspective and challenge was presented. I think Frank Young's work was as influential as anyone and he was light years ahead of others in the mind to mind persuasion category.

Today Glenn, I think your work is Cialdini good, maybe better. He went through the persuaders' courses, those whose livelihood depended on their ability to sell, and from that we got his ground breaking work on INFLUENCE.

What you are testing, and refining is a highly sophisticated way of direct mind to mind contact, control and “command”. The endorphin FLOOD, as Frank Young used and taught 50 years ago, is a secret weapon, or maybe better framed as a secret tool...we want to eliminate combat/war/confrontation from our vocabulary of mind to mind persuasion...those words can be used by the men who stare at goats.

Since I have no competition, I've never felt the need to crush them, roll over them like a tank, or treat them as hostiles. But that's me.

Go back about 16 years in our archives and one would find my discussion of the Mall EXPERIMENTS, which I did with people. These included throwing energy at someone in the food court, the “did you hear that” ice cream truck test, the “oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were a good friend” and other non-verbal techniques (using words only to not be creepy).

I don't know of any other “mainstream”, and I say that with tongue in cheek because you are not the typical mainstream guru, … no one else in this world of copywriting/persuasion is conducting and sharing their TESTS with us. MOST, and I mean 90%++++ are serving up the same old same old stories and techniques a bunch of dead guys from a long gone era used.

Sure the primary preoccupations are the same, human needs and wants remain the same and tons of new evidence have supported some of the tried, tested and true strategies dating back to PLATO and ARISTOTLE. All that, in my opinion, should be foundational stuff a persuader should know.

But other than some copy testing to extract more moolah from their crowds, I don't see much testing of some of the lesser more secretive known ideas.

So, I applaud you Glenn for testing and SHARING with us your results.

I have no idea what others get from your research, one thing I have gained is validation for my formula:

E of A = H (SoM) + Pi X I or one of the variations. This one says; The effectiveness

of your ATTEMPT to persuade/influence

is equal to the HARMONY

State of Mind PLUS

the PREOCCUPATIONAL INTERRUPTER used at the

INTERSECTION.

You have demonstrated to us how a big red nose, a card trick, a lottery ticket, a flashing ice cube, a glowing mask, a big pink teddy, etc., etc. all of those PREOCCUPATIONAL INTERRUPTERS are used to put the target into the right frame of mind, the endorphin state, the state of receptiveness, a state where the RAS relaxes, a state where the gates to the castle are raised or the drawbridge lowered.

So, I really appreciate your shares. As for the article on MEDIUM.

You and I both know opinions don't mean squat, it is the reason you TEST so much. I can assume the article you linked to will do very well with your followers, buyers, fans and members of your group. I'm fairly certain you won't have to tweak it very much to get favorable results.

I also know we share a certain “cryptic” style, or as I like to define my work, the words are more of a STEREOGRAM, where one has to see depth, which some, maybe most, can't do.

My opinion, most people aren't taught how to ask questions, or how to pursue a course of inquiry to get to deeper meanings. You like to hide goodies in plain sight, or between the lines and it may be (or may not be) a form of sorting or testing the reader to get the highest quality prospect to react. I don't know.

All works of persuasion begin with intent.

We have different purposes in our works, and not knowing intent, I find it impossible to render any opinions which would or should be considered.

I am entertained, sometimes enthralled, and even enthused by your work, so, for me, less of a bomb exploding in my head and more of a small spoon sample of ice cream on a hot summer's day, which means I would want more, maybe a bowl of mixed scoops. If that is what you intended, it worked on me, fair enough?

Gordon

P.S. It is the reason we see UGLY (or not so handsome) comics getting really hot girls, laughter (the smile is the brief version) releases all the goodies: Serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and endorphins. A self chuckle before the meet and a throwing of energy to the other mind goes a long way to OP Rascon.

Glenn June 1, 2021 09:40 AM

Thanks Gordon for Confirming my FEELING

Thanks Gordon,

My Feeling also.

Just Because I've Found a Proven Way I can Guarantee
to Make The USP - Unique Selling Proposition - Profitable.

---

Does Not Mean ANYONE wants it.

---

So I Throw this out.

This Same Book List has Ideas that Have Made Clients Moolah.

TEST that.

Marketing Book Lists are all over the place.

A List of Books Which have ALL Made Money.

Might be Valuable to Somebody.

Have to test and See.

Glenn

Thanks.

You helped me save time Wasted down a Rabbit hole.

Just because We CAN HELP does not mean anybody WANTS that Help.

GordonJ June 1, 2021 01:02 PM

A question about the books.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 41958)
Thanks Gordon,

My Feeling also.

Just Because I've Found a Proven Way I can Guarantee
to Make The USP - Unique Selling Proposition - Profitable.

---

Does Not Mean ANYONE wants it.

---

So I Throw this out.

This Same Book List has Ideas that Have Made Clients Moolah.

TEST that.

Marketing Book Lists are all over the place.

A List of Books Which have ALL Made Money.

Might be Valuable to Somebody.

Have to test and See.

Glenn

Thanks.

You helped me save time Wasted down a Rabbit hole.

Just because We CAN HELP does not mean anybody WANTS that Help.

I think Joe Karbo said something similar to me a million years ago, and Melvin Powers repeated it some 20 years later.

We know, as marketers, to try to find those that WANT the help, and then throw most of them out, to find those that will IMPLEMENT the help...not an easy job these days.

I have a question about the books. Maybe I didn't read it correctly, are these books with information which proved to make money, or are we saying the book itself made money?

We know the old NY Times best seller list was spurious, Zig Ziglar showed us that...a book having sold 25k was included, no matter who bought them and then there are other books, like 7 Steps to Freedom by B. Suarez, and the Lazy Man's Way to Riches by J. Karbo which both made money and had 10 times the sales of some of the NY Times list.

So, does your list have books which have information, when IMPLEMENTED make money or is it the book itself?

Sorry, I probably didn't read it right.

Gordon

Dien Rice June 1, 2021 05:31 PM

Mind blown... literally...*

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 41956)
Thanks Glenn,

I may have to redo that 25 year old HOTSHEET and take the bomb off. Here's why:

Thanks, Glenn and Gordon,

This is an amazing exchange!

I just want to say it sparked a lot of ideas in me...

As you (probably) know, I'm also a band manager...

The band hasn't been doing that much lately due to Covid, but this has really sparked some great promotional ideas, believe it or not, that I can use there... And also elsewhere too!

I have to say, too, some of the earlier discussion did make me think about Remote Influence and Gordon's special formula, and it is consistent with that...

Glenn's discussion on this, and Gordon's response, has my brain reeling...

My mind is literally "blown" to smithereens!*

Thanks,

Dien

*A pet peeve I have is people using the word "literally" when it would "literally" be impossible... :)

GordonJ June 2, 2021 10:21 AM

When you're hot, you're hot. So sez

Geraldine. The famous in your face darling brought to life by Flip Wilson.

Sort of like my lottery system, when you're hot, you're hot.

I really like the sound of your band. If they have formed a mastermind among themselves, they might be on the brink of bigger things. And the manager plays a big part in pushing them over that brink...ala Brian Epstein.

If they are ready, so are you.

Now you apply, IMPLEMENT the techniques and strategies and knowledge and take them to their next level whatever that might be.

I have a project coming up in about a week or so, but between now and then, I have time to write some posts, maybe bring a few of the older things back alive, eh?

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 41962)
Thanks, Glenn and Gordon,

This is an amazing exchange!

I just want to say it sparked a lot of ideas in me...

As you (probably) know, I'm also a band manager...

The band hasn't been doing that much lately due to Covid, but this has really sparked some great promotional ideas, believe it or not, that I can use there... And also elsewhere too!

I have to say, too, some of the earlier discussion did make me think about Remote Influence and Gordon's special formula, and it is consistent with that...

Glenn's discussion on this, and Gordon's response, has my brain reeling...

My mind is literally "blown" to smithereens!*

Thanks,

Dien

*A pet peeve I have is people using the word "literally" when it would "literally" be impossible... :)

Glenn June 2, 2021 03:14 PM

Are You Reading My Mind Gordon?

I have a question about the books. Maybe I didn't read it correctly, are these books with information which proved to make money, or are we saying the book itself made money?

Thanks Gordon,

I have Not YET TESTED to Find Out Which BENEFIT My Ezine List WANTS to Buy.

"10 Book Covers That Help You Pick Up Women"

"10 Books That Make Extra Cash In Restaurants"

"10 Books w/Ideas We've Adapted to Make Clients Millions"

The Same Books
Were Used.

"The Problem of Increasing Human Energy" - Nicola Tesla

"The Lost Secret"

"Mae West"

"Cheap Chow"

Parallel Universe of Self"

"Magic for Dummies"

"Naomi - Home companion"

"Now You See It - Now You don't"

"What Women Want"

"The 'No-Hunger' Diet

Thanks,
Glenn

Glenn June 4, 2021 04:45 PM

"The Lost Secret" LOST CHAPTERS Talk About "Mastermind-Vibrations"

Thanks Gordon,

Flip Wilson could get away with saying things as "Geraldine"
that he couldn't say as "Himself."

Napoleon Hill and other book Authors
Who Tell Moolah Making Stories in their Books
are ALSO saying Things You Can't Find in Movies or TV. Magazines or Newspapers either.

Napoleon Hill - "The Law of Success" - Tells a Story about the #1 Salesman out of tens of thousands Dr Hill Trained to sell "Securities." And then INSULTS the reader. Saying we are TOO DUMB to learn from the #1 Guy.

I Took This to Heart and Studied what the #1 Guy was Doing.

"The Lost Secret" - In The Two Chapters Removed From "Think & Grow Rich"
Hill Talks about how You Raise and Lower Your Positive Energy Vibration - Depending on who you are WITH.

SCIENTISTS discovered people who TALK about themselves are Triggering the SAME AMOUNT of Brain Pleasure ENDORPHINS as people taking Cocaine.

INCREDIBLE.

A Recent COMPLAINT from a Former NBC Sports CameraMan - Building onto his house. He was Getting Contractors to TALK about what they LOVED MOST. A Hobby or a video game. AND THESE GUYS Did Lousy Work. Forgot to do Simple Stuff. (I told him he was DRUGGING them by Listening to what they LOVE to do.)

MILLION
DOLLAR
RESULTS:

DEBRA just Sold 1.2 Million Bucks worth of Toyota's - in less than a Year.

We Spoke for an hour.

What she Took from all those Case Studies I shared was ONE IDEA.

THAT IDEA?
Ask each car shopper to tell her about their DREAM CAR. And let them TALK themselves into buying a car.

LET ME REPEAT THAT.

(This is NOT what the 100's of Sales books I've read say to do!)

Debra LISTENED While Each Prospect Drugged Themselves into a Positive Energy.

Happy Endorphin Fog.

Mastermind Vibration Pleasure State of Mind.

The Car Sale is Something that "Just Happened" Along the way.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

P.S. - Dien Guessed Right on a Recent BRIBE-FOR-YOUR-OPINION Poll I did with my Ezine list.

300% More Votes Came in for:

"How to Mastermind w/A Billionaire without Telling Him"

Than for the other 10 Headlines
We Tested.

P.P.S. - I tested with and without. And I DO
Get More Participation when I Entertain Ezine Subscribers with Bribes Like:

BRIBE REPORT - "How I Formed a MASTERMIND With Mohammed Ali In Order to
Park Illegally without Getting Towed or Ticketed."

P.P.P.S - About 50% of my Headline ""Voters" Buy the Info Product they
VOTE FOR - so If I Get Enough Participation PLUS a Clear Winning Headline - I go
ahead and CREATE the Product.

Saves a Ton of Mistakes.

SHORT VERSION - "I ask my Customers what they want to BUY then Sell it to them."

I Learned to do this from
Gary Halbert,
Bill Myers,
Ted Nicholas (The Hidden Benefit)
Napoleon Hill.

GordonJ June 5, 2021 11:23 AM

"Why don't you come up and LISTEN to me sometime?" M. West???

First this:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...pic-themselves

The actual study is hard to read, full of jargon.

Anyhow, thanks GLENN,

I love to tell myself how smart, clever and intelligent I am...it makes me feel good (I guess quite literally*)...

Until I discover what a Dumb AZZ I really am.

In 1969 I found two mentors, the best PICK-UP artists on my boat. At 19 I was like the boys in STRANGER THINGS who thought girls were a different species.

I was as clueless as Alicia Silverstone, dumber than a rock. So, I looked for help.

We reached Hawaii later that year, and had 90 days off the boat, so I apprenticed with these two girl getting geniuses, sort of.

One was a clown. He would approach girls with his hands held out, in each one was a little plastic figure, a Disney character or one of 4 he had: Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Daffy. He would hold out Mickey and Donald and in one of their voices he would ask the girls who they preferred...and before they could answer the other one would chime in. Always got a laugh.

Then he asked her to hold them, while out came Goofy and Daffy, and in their voices started complaining about being the second banana in this act.

He then told them he was in the Navy, getting out soon, going to Hollywood to become the next Mel Blanc (or voice artist is they didn't know) and asked them what they thought.

This is how it began for him. I sort of became his silent wing man. Once a girl who got stuck with me asked what I could do like that, my off the cuff response was,

"When I'm around an attractive girl, I do a pretty good Elmer Fudd, but it isn't by cho choi choice." From there I want into question mode.

Now at the time, I was already a student of persuasion, influence and salesmanship and had an interest in neuro sciences, but (and this is where the Dumb AZZ part comes in), I never connected the dots between what these guys did and what the brain chemistry was.

The other guy took a part-time job at the Hilton hotel in Waikiki as a bell hop, luggage carrier. His approach was this:

"I'm a Taurus, a real stubborn guy, what is your sign?" Sure it is LAME today, but back then, a pretty pat intro ice breaker.

Whatever they said, he got excited, said his REALLY FUN high school girlfriend was the same thing, that she loved to go dancing and went off to college and broke his heart. Followed by where are you from? No matter where, he had ridden his motorcycle through there a couple of years ago, and asked then what they liked about that place.

It sounds cheesy as heck today, but these two guys were pros, until the clown fell in love with a twin sister act and his mentoring became useless...when a pick-up artist gets smitten, game over.

Now, I've never given their "techniques" much of a thought, always assumed it was more personality than anything, but both of these guys innately knew how to get their targets in that endorphin pumping state of mind early and keep them there to a satisfactory conclusion. Now all this way before NLP and advanced Neuroscience studies.

I was too dumb to connect the dots.

What we have now, is the Glenn Masterclass (and I've taken a dozen of those) and what he has shared is probably more valuable to me than a Morgan Freeman drama education, albeit, his is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

If Glenn were to drop the Mic and leave the bldg with Elvis, we would still have as much useful, practical, and applicable information as we need to keep our own shows on the road.

On my PictoGrigm Of Persuasion, I am going to add ENDORPHIN to the brick I have you throw into the bubble of preoccupation of your target, it just makes more sense now.

Gordon

P.S. *literally, no, for reals. he he

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 41976)
Thanks Gordon,

Flip Wilson could get away with saying things as "Geraldine"
that he couldn't say as "Himself."

Napoleon Hill and other book Authors
Who Tell Moolah Making Stories in their Books
are ALSO saying Things You Can't Find in Movies or TV. Magazines or Newspapers either.

Napoleon Hill - "The Law of Success" - Tells a Story about the #1 Salesman out of tens of thousands Dr Hill Trained to sell "Securities." And then INSULTS the reader. Saying we are TOO DUMB to learn from the #1 Guy.

I Took This to Heart and Studied what the #1 Guy was Doing.

"The Lost Secret" - In The Two Chapters Removed From "Think & Grow Rich"
Hill Talks about how You Raise and Lower Your Positive Energy Vibration - Depending on who you are WITH.

SCIENTISTS discovered people who TALK about themselves are Triggering the SAME AMOUNT of Brain Pleasure ENDORPHINS as people taking Cocaine.

INCREDIBLE.

A Recent COMPLAINT from a Former NBC Sports CameraMan - Building onto his house. He was Getting Contractors to TALK about what they LOVED MOST. A Hobby or a video game. AND THESE GUYS Did Lousy Work. Forgot to do Simple Stuff. (I told him he was DRUGGING them by Listening to what they LOVE to do.)

MILLION
DOLLAR
RESULTS:

DEBRA just Sold 1.2 Million Bucks worth of Toyota's - in less than a Year.

We Spoke for an hour.

What she Took from all those Case Studies I shared was ONE IDEA.

THAT IDEA?
Ask each car shopper to tell her about their DREAM CAR. And let them TALK themselves into buying a car.

LET ME REPEAT THAT.

(This is NOT what the 100's of Sales books I've read say to do!)

Debra LISTENED While Each Prospect Drugged Themselves into a Positive Energy.

Happy Endorphin Fog.

Mastermind Vibration Pleasure State of Mind.

The Car Sale is Something that "Just Happened" Along the way.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

P.S. - Dien Guessed Right on a Recent BRIBE-FOR-YOUR-OPINION Poll I did with my Ezine list.

300% More Votes Came in for:

"How to Mastermind w/A Billionaire without Telling Him"

Than for the other 10 Headlines
We Tested.

P.P.S. - I tested with and without. And I DO
Get More Participation when I Entertain Ezine Subscribers with Bribes Like:

BRIBE REPORT - "How I Formed a MASTERMIND With Mohammed Ali In Order to
Park Illegally without Getting Towed or Ticketed."

P.P.P.S - About 50% of my Headline ""Voters" Buy the Info Product they
VOTE FOR - so If I Get Enough Participation PLUS a Clear Winning Headline - I go
ahead and CREATE the Product.

Saves a Ton of Mistakes.

SHORT VERSION - "I ask my Customers what they want to BUY then Sell it to them."

I Learned to do this from
Gary Halbert,
Bill Myers,
Ted Nicholas (The Hidden Benefit)
Napoleon Hill.