SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Food for thought while still at the dock of the bay. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9877)

GordonJ May 16, 2017 11:03 AM

Food for thought while still at the dock of the bay.

It feels a little like the time right before we left Guam to go on patrol, which lasted at least 60 days.

Facing two months submerged under water put butterflies into all the crew. I've been working very hard the last 2 months on creative projects, and don't have much interest in the Internet, or business or marketing.

Very soon, I'll be on "patrol" again, with a busy schedule. Before I leave the dock, this sage harbor, here is food for thought...this from a chattler, who NOW specializes in restaurant equipment.

What would you do if you knew you had 100 bux a week coming to you for the next 6 months? IF that were "guaranteed" or mostly so.

My chatteler apprentice has been at for over a year now, he stumbled before Christmas because his wife made him spend some of his profits (against my very sound advice not to, but, hey I was married once too)...

In reality he told me he had 3k to start with, I made him bank it, and to use only 100 bux a week to build his chattel business. He listened (because he had lost 3x that much flitting around and fiddle farting his way through IM).

So, I caught him at the right time.

His goal was to make 10% a week. On Monday he started with 100 bux, and by Sun evening, he had to show 110 dollars, a 10% profit after expenses.

Then, Monday morning he withdrew 100 bux from his chattel account and added it, so that Monday he had 210 to use, so his profit goal was 21 bux, 10%. See?

For the first few months, he was getting antsy, but our agreement was he couldn't touch 2600 of the 3k he put back. He could use his own money for other deals, but none of 'OUR' money.

He did great up to about 4,000 then ran into a wall, mainly because he lacked knowledge of higher priced products, at which time he flipped a couple of autos, and, of course, he thought he should make more than 400 from the flip, but he didn't want to piss me off, so he continued.

This is when he found a few really good restaurant deals. And he got a quick education by immersing himself in the used restaurant equipment business, which has become his current specialty.

If you want to spend 5 mins with your calculator, go ahead and add 10% to 100 dollars every week. Here is what happens.

At week 26, you'll be at 7500 buck level and 10% will give you 750 profit. NOW you can start spending it. You will be making more than the average American takes home, and if you have spent the 6 months to build your networks, as my chattel apprentice did, you will be able to make very quick transactions.

This was just from my way, he doubled that by making deals with his own money.

Now here comes dinner:

I know many people who (con't in part 2)

GordonJ May 16, 2017 11:18 AM

Part 2. I know many people who have spent...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 38117)
It feels a little like the time right before we left Guam to go on patrol, which lasted at least 60 days.

Facing two months submerged under water put butterflies into all the crew. I've been working very hard the last 2 months on creative projects, and don't ave much interest in the Internet, or business or marketing.

Very soon, I'll be on "patrol" again, with a busy schedule. Before I leave the dock, this sage harbor, here is food for thought...this from a chattler, who NOW specializes in restaurant equipment.

What would you do if you knew you had 100 bux a week coming to you for the next 6 months? IF that were "guaranteed" or mostly so.

My chatteler apprentice has been at for over a year now, he stumbled before Christmas because his wife made him spend some of his profits (against my very sound advice not to, but, hey I was married once too)...

In reality he told me he had 3k to start with, I made him bank it, and to use only 100 bux a week to build his chattel business. He listened (because he had lost 3x that much flitting around and fiddle farting his way through IM).

So, I caught him at the right time.

His goal was to make 10% a week. On Monday he started with 100 bux, and by Sun evening, he had to show 110 dollar profit after expenses.

Then, Monday morning he withdrew 100 bux from his chattel account and added it, so the next Monday he had 210 to use, so his profit goal was 21 bux, 10%.

For the first few months, he was getting antsy, but our agreement was he couldn't touch 2600 of the 3k he put back. He could use his own money for other deals, but none of 'OUR' money.

He did great up to about 4,000 then ran into a wall, mainly because he lacked knowledge of higher priced products, at which time he flipped a couple of autos, and, of course, he thought he should make more than 400 from the flip, but he didn't want to piss me off, so he continued.

This is when he found a few really good restaurant deals. And he got a quick education by immersing himself in the used restaurant equipment business, which has become his current specialty.

If you want to spend 5 mins with your calculator, go ahead and add 10% to 100 dollars every week. Here is what happens.

At week 26, you'll be at 7500 buck level and 10% will give you 750 profit. NOW you can start spending it. You will be making more than the average American takes home, and if you have spent the 6 months to build your networks, as my chattel apprentice did, you will be able to make very quick transactions.

This was just from my way, he doubled that by making deals with his own money.

Now here comes dinner:

I know many people who... (con't in part 2)

...have spent 2500 to 3000 bux on a guru, recently two disgruntled students of some guru asked for my advice and I sent them back to the guy they gave the money to, wouldn't you?

Anyhow,

Some reading this have spent far more than the 2600 dollars and even YEARS of time, and haven't gotten to a very easy 750 bux a week from 10% transactions.

OK. Some of it has to do with distraction. Or desperation. Or lack of discipline. Many feel chatteling is nickel and dime yard sale stuff. My restaurant friend, now making several thousand dollar transactions, and doing better than 10% would disagree. So would his wife.

Why not adapt this formula? For whatever amount you have to put back, if any at all. Instead of buying that new 2k guru launch, why not pay yourself 100 bux a week for the next 20 weeks and see if you can make 10%?

First week, sell 2 10 dollar reports, profit over 10%, next week, sell 3, then 4. Use the power of cumulative efforts until you have the money to make you the money you want!

Just some food for thought.

Dessert anyone?

GordonJ

Dien Rice May 19, 2017 11:16 AM

Two awesome posts! Chatteling can build up to significant bucks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 38118)
...have spent 2500 to 3000 bux on a guru, recently two disgruntled students of some guru asked for my advice and I sent them back to the guy they gave the money to, wouldn't you?

Anyhow,

Some reading this have spent far more than the 2600 dollars and even YEARS of time, and haven't gotten to a very easy 750 bux a week from 10% transactions.

OK. Some of it has to do with distraction. Or desperation. Or lack of discipline. Many feel chatteling is nickel and dime yard sale stuff. My restaurant friend, now making several thousand dollar transactions, and doing better than 10% would disagree. So would his wife.

Why not adapt this formula? For whatever amount you have to put back, if any at all. Instead of buying that new 2k guru launch, why not pay yourself 100 bux a week for the next 20 weeks and see if you can make 10%?

First week, sell 2 10 dollar reports, profit over 10%, next week, sell 3, then 4. Use the power of cumulative efforts until you have the money to make you the money you want!

Just some food for thought.

Dessert anyone?

GordonJ

Hi Gordon,

These two posts are awesome!

It really shows the power of reinvesting your money, in something which you know works...

And the way you do it, chatteling is almost guaranteed to make a profit for you.

That's what I like... Making money with very little risk... And they can build up to big bucks, too... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

GordonJ May 19, 2017 11:25 AM

Problem: patience and discipline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 38134)
Hi Gordon,

It really shows the power of reinvesting your money, in something which you know works...

And the way you do it, chatteling is almost guaranteed to make a profit for you.

That's what I like... Making money with very little risk... And they can build up to big bucks, too... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Hi Dien, my experience has been: chattelers want a big score right away, and they aren't anywhere near ready to get one.

So, when a guy like "bob" comes along, willing to do as instructed, because he was desperate and he too wanted a quick score, his putting back the 3k was a "godsend" he says today, although at the time he wasn't happy about it.

He wanted to double his money right away and yet he had ZERO experience in buying and selling. And those early weeks taught him the power of cumulative effort and exponential growth.

I've never flipped a 25,000 fryer, like he did recently and pocketed 5k, but that was only because he had the discipline to buy AFTER he had a buyer

BECAUSE he spent the time to build a network. I believe the fryer he bought in Cleve is headed to Chicago, another, buy here/sell there example. Or buy in Oz, sell in Gambia...same thing.

But the same can be said for IM or even off line efforts, lack of a clear goal, lack of discipline and lack of patience is often the evil TRIAD of failure.

I do love me some chatteling.

Gordon

unpinkpanther May 19, 2017 01:56 PM

This could be stating the obvious, but...

… Anyone considering full-time "chattelling" will need ANOTHER income source to take care of expenses while trying to grow the "chattel" account.

I've found that some issues could slow down the early baby steps.

For instance, some people pass off their defective chattel as "fairly used", and so the new chatteler will quickly need to start knowing how certain chattel operates when fully operational.

Then again building the network of buyers. Some markets are seasonal and deals don't show up as often as one may want them to (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough)

All these could slow the learning curve...and in the mean time, a guy's gotta eat.

That's why another income source is needed as a buffer while the learning goes on...

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 38134)
Hi Gordon,

Best wishes,

Dien

GordonJ May 20, 2017 09:54 AM

20 YEARS, and I've yet to meet anyone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by unpinkpanther (Post 38136)
… Anyone considering full-time "chattelling" will need ANOTHER income source to take care of expenses while trying to grow the "chattel" account.

I've found that some issues could slow down the early baby steps.

For instance, some people pass off their defective chattel as "fairly used", and so the new chatteler will quickly need to start knowing how certain chattel operates when fully operational.

Then again building the network of buyers. Some markets are seasonal and deals don't show up as often as one may want them to (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough)

All these could slow the learning curve...and in the mean time, a guy's gotta eat.

That's why another income source is needed as a buffer while the learning goes on...

Thank you

who considered full time chatteling
without another source of income. It is absurd, isn't it?

In fact, maybe only a handful do or ever wanted to chattel full time.
Without a bankroll and plan, like "bob" with his 3k grubstake and only 100 buck a week plan, the alternative is the Grow and Go plan, the 12 weeks sprint to freedom in the Chattel Report.

I don't see it as OBVIOUS, but truly, an absurd idea.

GordonJ

unpinkpanther June 29, 2017 06:10 AM

Re: 20 YEARS, and I've yet to meet anyone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 38143)
who considered full time chatteling
without another source of income. It is absurd, isn't it?

In fact, maybe only a handful do or ever wanted to chattel full time.
Without a bankroll and plan, like "bob" with his 3k grubstake and only 100 buck a week plan, the alternative is the Grow and Go plan, the 12 weeks sprint to freedom in the Chattel Report.

I don't see it as OBVIOUS, but truly, an absurd idea.

GordonJ

You're right; it IS absurd!

The 10% plan looks straightforward enough.

One only needs to add EXECUTION...