SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finding BACKEND Products Need Help! (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11074)

MikePT August 19, 2021 08:04 AM

Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!
 
Friends,

I need help on finding backend products.

I am selling a leather bracelet with a symbol of an anchor for man. I am trying to understand why people bought it.

It is not the copywriting because I tested the same copy with different models, and this anchor model sells more.

Probably the best way is simply ask to my customers why they bought it.

However I divided in 6 possibilities:

1) They like the visual/design of this one. Simple as this;

2) They like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) They like nautic acessories;

4) They like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt (this one the symbol is quite big);

5) The symbol of the anchor means something. It can be the symbol himself (like connection/safety);

6) The photos of the advertising are very good;

Your thoughts?

Thank you.

Dien Rice August 19, 2021 07:35 PM

Some off-the-cuff thoughts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 42212)
Friends,

I need help on finding backend products.

I am selling a leather bracelet with a symbol of an anchor for man. I am trying to understand why people bought it.

It is not the copywriting because I tested the same copy with different models, and this anchor model sells more.

Probably the best way is simply ask to my customers why they bought it.

However I divided in 6 possibilities:

1) They like the visual/design of this one. Simple as this;

2) They like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) They like nautic acessories;

4) They like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt (this one the symbol is quite big);

5) The symbol of the anchor means something. It can be the symbol himself (like connection/safety);

6) The photos of the advertising are very good;

Your thoughts?

Thank you.

Hi Mike,

My impression is that an "anchor" is quite a manly symbol...

I really don't know your market. So my "off the cuff" thoughts (which could be wrong) would be...

- Some men find the symbol quite manly, and like it for that reason. (What comes to my mind are the anchors on the forearms of Popeye!)



- Possibly your customers have some connection to ocean-related activities, such as being in the navy, or perhaps they own a boat, or they enjoy scuba-diving, etc.

The best thing to do, of course (as you said), is to ask them... After they buy, send a friendly email and ask them whey they bought it...!

Best wishes,

Dien

MikePT August 20, 2021 06:14 AM

Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!
 
Hi Dien,

Thanks for your reply!

I agree with you, I think majority are those 2 points:

1 - Masculinity symbol;

2 - Ocean-related activities;

The Popeye is a good example: masculinity + ocean related activities.

Maybe the Popeye is my customer avatar!

Regards!

MikePT

Glenn August 20, 2021 06:29 PM

According to THIS An ANCHOR in Jewelry has Many Meanings
 
Thanks Mike,

SCARY # of meanings for the Anchor in Jewelry.

You will Have to Thank Reward and BRIBE your buyers to TELL you why they buy.

Because this will make you dizzy,

Glenn

https://www.neatie.com/importance-of...oes-it-signify

GordonJ August 21, 2021 12:20 PM

Well, back in the day...when I sold jewelry, I didn't.
 
When I was writing for jewelry, I seldom sold the jewelry. But found a story to go with it, even in sheet catalog sales, there was some sort of a story attached.

I would offer a compass to compliment the anchor. The anchor is the symbol of staying put, the compass is the symbol of pulling up anchor and heading out.

"There's a ship lies rigged and ready in the harbor,
Tomorrow for old England she sails..." Opening lyrics of LAST FAREWELL. Listen to that song, and it is a story of both anchors and compasses.

If it were me, I'd have a story about anchors and how they can be calming, staying put, safe harbors, safety in relationships, and how the compass is not only the polar opposite of an anchor, but they are the ying/yang of adventures, new experiences, new adventures, breaking out of comfort zones.

I would think of MAUD MULLER, and the one hour adventure that haunted two people for the rest of their lives.

But, that's only what I would do.

Gordon



Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 42212)
Friends,

I need help on finding backend products.

I am selling a leather bracelet with a symbol of an anchor for man. I am trying to understand why people bought it.

It is not the copywriting because I tested the same copy with different models, and this anchor model sells more.

Probably the best way is simply ask to my customers why they bought it.

However I divided in 6 possibilities:

1) They like the visual/design of this one. Simple as this;

2) They like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) They like nautic acessories;

4) They like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt (this one the symbol is quite big);

5) The symbol of the anchor means something. It can be the symbol himself (like connection/safety);

6) The photos of the advertising are very good;

Your thoughts?

Thank you.


MikePT August 22, 2021 09:42 AM

Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!
 
Hi Gleen,

I already suspected I should bribe my customers in exchange on they sharing why they bought it.

Makes sense the significance on the link you shared.

Thanks for your reply.

MikePT August 22, 2021 10:24 AM

Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!
 
Hi Gordon,

In fact I tried out the model with a compass.

In fact it seems that it is the model with an anchor that is more successful, it seems to me that the symbol is the most important.

I question if perhaps it could also be nautical accessories, related to the sea.

Even because we in Portugal have a culture related to the sea, who knows the history, we were the discoverers of the world. We are connected to the sea.

Any copy suggestions to ask my list why they bought the bracelet?

Thanks for answering.

MikePT

GordonJ August 23, 2021 10:38 AM

My thought is about the thinking...why the need for "copy"?
 
You have a list. They bought a bracelet.

One. A simple email, WHY did you buy this bracelet?

Two. A Glenn Osborn "bribe", a free something for feedback.

Three. A quiz or questionnaire.

Those need words, not copy, when thinking about copy, one has a tendency to want to get an outcome, you need facts, reasons why, right?

But other than that, I don't know enough to render any useful ideas on your business model.

Gordon


Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 42220)
Hi Gordon,

In fact I tried out the model with a compass.

In fact it seems that it is the model with an anchor that is more successful, it seems to me that the symbol is the most important.

I question if perhaps it could also be nautical accessories, related to the sea.

Even because we in Portugal have a culture related to the sea, who knows the history, we were the discoverers of the world. We are connected to the sea.

Any copy suggestions to ask my list why they bought the bracelet?

Thanks for answering.

MikePT


MikePT August 23, 2021 10:51 AM

Re: Finding BACKEND Products Need Help!
 
Thanks Gordon.

Do you think the questionnaire could be this?


Do you bought because:


1) You like the visual;

2) You like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) You like nautic and sea related acessories;

4) You like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt;

5) You like the symbol of the anchor, it has an significance for you if yes what?;

6) You can see well the bracelet on the photos of the advertising;


MikePT

GordonJ August 23, 2021 02:16 PM

I doubt if you get a response, too many questions.
 
How about, What is your favorite thing about the bracelet you bought from me and how might I make it even better?

But the answer is, you have to TEST, TEST, TEST.

Gordon


Quote:

Originally Posted by MikePT (Post 42225)
Thanks Gordon.

Do you think the questionnaire could be this?


Do you bought because:


1) You like the visual;

2) You like brown leather bracelets in general;

3) You like nautic and sea related acessories;

4) You like to wear acessories to shine/flaunt;

5) You like the symbol of the anchor, it has an significance for you if yes what?;

6) You can see well the bracelet on the photos of the advertising;


MikePT



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.