SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Retiring the Instant Pot. Keeping the waffle iron. (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10932)

GordonJ March 8, 2021 09:44 AM

Retiring the Instant Pot. Keeping the waffle iron.

OK. I am guilty.

I too fall for bright shiny objects, especially those that claim to make my life easier. So, Instant Pot. I have the Duo 6 qt. It is going down the road.

Why? Just too much.

It works, just fine. But it doesn't do anything I really need it to do.

In the meantime, my tiny waffle iron is getting a good workout.

I'm sure you all don't really care, but since I mentioned it back some time, I thought I'd do an update.

I suspect these will be found in many garage sales in the months ahead. Speaking of chatteling.... picked up some new generators at a bargain and already have a buyer, doubling my investment in one day. The Texas freeze made these highly sought after. I think they are always a good thing to have around the house.

As the weather breaks, and we can move around a bit now, I suspect chatteling and buying and selling is going to get very lucrative in the coming months.

A head's up... pressure washers will be hot items soon. Keep your eyes open.

Gordon

Dien Rice March 8, 2021 05:47 PM

Baby chatteling...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 41683)
OK. I am guilty.

I too fall for bright shiny objects, especially those that claim to make my life easier. So, Instant Pot. I have the Duo 6 qt. It is going down the road.

Why? Just too much.

It works, just fine. But it doesn't do anything I really need it to do.

In the meantime, my tiny waffle iron is getting a good workout.

I'm sure you all don't really care, but since I mentioned it back some time, I thought I'd do an update.

I suspect these will be found in many garage sales in the months ahead. Speaking of chatteling.... picked up some new generators at a bargain and already have a buyer, doubling my investment in one day. The Texas freeze made these highly sought after. I think they are always a good thing to have around the house.

As the weather breaks, and we can move around a bit now, I suspect chatteling and buying and selling is going to get very lucrative in the coming months.

A head's up... pressure washers will be hot items soon. Keep your eyes open.

Hi Gordon,

I think as the vaccine gets around, and as spring rolls around the corner (in the northern hemisphere)... It will be a "golden" time for chatteling!

People will be getting rid of their old stuff, and others will be wanting to pick up new things (at less than retail)...

I should be getting into it too! (I now realize...)

If I wasn't doing so much babysitting of my little one...

Though (as you've written in the Chattel Report)... baby things are great for chatteling! People are always buying and selling baby stuff, as their babies and kids get larger, and need new things, and don't need the old things... The Parade of Life...

Thanks for reminding me of the possibilities!

Best wishes, :)

Dien

GordonJ March 8, 2021 06:39 PM

Maybe now...

Thanks Dien,

NOW, you will notice those things, and keep an eye out for CURTAINS and DRAPES. Soon it will be princesses and unicorns, then you'll be buying odd colors, then ........ isn't it interesting all things baby, BIG markets. And those things (kids) keep outgrowing stuff. So you need more stuff, and someone else could use your stuff.

Parade or Circle of life, what goes around, comes around, eh?

And, it goes by so quickly too. ENJOY what you have.

Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dien Rice (Post 41684)
Hi Gordon,

I think as the vaccine gets around, and as spring rolls around the corner (in the northern hemisphere)... It will be a "golden" time for chatteling!

People will be getting rid of their old stuff, and others will be wanting to pick up new things (at less than retail)...

I should be getting into it too! (I now realize...)

If I wasn't doing so much babysitting of my little one...

Though (as you've written in the Chattel Report)... baby things are great for chatteling! People are always buying and selling baby stuff, as their babies and kids get larger, and need new things, and don't need the old things... The Parade of Life...

Thanks for reminding me of the possibilities!

Best wishes, :)

Dien

Millard Grubb March 9, 2021 07:53 AM

Re: Maybe now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonJ (Post 41685)
Thanks Dien,

NOW, you will notice those things, and keep an eye out for CURTAINS and DRAPES. Soon it will be princesses and unicorns, then you'll be buying odd colors, then ........ isn't it interesting all things baby, BIG markets. And those things (kids) keep outgrowing stuff. So you need more stuff, and someone else could use your stuff.

Parade or Circle of life, what goes around, comes around, eh?

And, it goes by so quickly too. ENJOY what you have.

Gordon

As I get older, I notice that I have more and more stuff that I rarely use, so it goes to people I think can use it. However, I do keep a fairly good library and books do come in handy as needed.

One thing I have started to do more and more (and wished I had started MUCH earlier) is cooking from scratch.... (I mentioned in another post). Ha! One of the things I have stumbled upon is how to make many of the "snack" foods that are perfect for a nosh.

There are a boatload of youtube channels that have professional cooks helping you make good food at home.

Oh... the satisfaction of accomplishment!

Warmly,

Millard