SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Law of ATTRACTION - What strategies worked for you? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4648)

KapilDesai January 9, 2008 10:41 PM

Law of ATTRACTION - What strategies worked for you?

Hey guys -

I know this post isn't directly related to online marketing, but I thought it would create good discussion (since I believe that LOA does play a crucial element in becoming a successful Network Marketer).

I’d like to make a few comments regarding the Law of Attraction. What I found that worked for me, was my ability to stay DRIVEN.

After I first read and watched “The Secret”, I felt as though I was trying way too hard to “feel good” and “feel positive” 100% of the time. After a week of trying to do this, I almost felt like seeing a shrink! :-p. (For you Seinfeld fans out there, think of Frank Costanza….”Serenity now!” :-p).

After subscribing to an E-zine from Bob Doyle (an expert of The Secret and other personal development materials), I soon learned that the Secret isn’t about “feeling good” 100% of the time. There will ALWAYS be times where we’ll feel irritated, or feel tired, etc., etc.

What I found that helped me, was to use one KEY WORD that could somehow tie all of my emotions into that one key word (and in effect, allow me to be more consistent with my thoughts and goals REGARDLESS of how I was feeling). My Key word ended up being: DRIVEN.

-If I am feeling good? I say, “Great! Stay Driven.”

-If am feeling lousy? I say, “You know what? I’m pissed off. But I’ll stay DRIVEN.”

-If I’m feeling tired? I’ll say…I’m feeling lazy. Let’s get through this task. Stay DRIVEN.”

So for me personally, I started to see some decent results with the “Law of Attraction” once I started to unify my (varied) feelings with one key word (which then lead me having far more consistency with my thoughts).

So in conclusion - I DO believe that the Law of Attraction works. However - I think my method for the “Law of Attraction” is different than from the teachings of The Secret (unless I misinterpreted something). The Secret encourages one to “feel good” 100% of the time, while I believe that this is impossible (we as humans, are susceptible to a wide range of different emotions…sometimes on an hourly basis). The key for me is to unify these varied emotions with one key word, which then allows for more consistency of thought.

In the Secret, it talked about how we can monitor our (numerous) thoughts with our feelings. What I found what worked for me, was to monitor my (numerous) feelings with my key word.

What strategies/tactics/methods do you use for the Law of Attraction? What works for you?

Cheers.

p.s. If anyone is interested in knowing me more in depth (assuming that I didn't bore you with my post ;)), here is my bio page. http://www.myspace.com/kapildesai

Tim Thach January 10, 2008 01:45 AM

Re: Law of ATTRACTION - What strategies worked for you?

I think your LOA recipe might be missing just one ingredient...

The reason why.

I feel sad, but I'll stay driven (focused) because I'm/he/she/it is worth it.

Try it on dude and see how it fits!

Tim

Unregistered January 10, 2008 05:47 PM

Re: Law of ATTRACTION - RaceTrack Testimonial

Dear KapilDesai,

Thanks for raising this topic.

Like You - I've Been Testing out ideas based on THE SECRET.

I used my Mastermind Network to Test.

Here are a few Testimonials:

Mindy Attracts MONEY At Her RaceTrack Betting Window - TESTIMONIAL:

Mindy called me to say:

"I just got a part time job at a RaceTrack Betting Window. The pay stinks. So the only way to make good money is tips. We aren't allowed to ASK for tips. So I've been using MAGIC MONEY ATTRACTION Words instead.

When I started work only the Betting windows near the BEER Concession Stand had patrons. No customers-No Tips. So I starting chanting the Money Attraction words over and over to myself.

The results were AMAZING.

A long line formed at my window. The Betting windows to my right and left were empty. I had most of the customers.

This is Great. I've found an Invisible way to bring more people and More Tips to myself. Without anyone knowing WHAT I'm up to.

Mindy

========
========
THE REST of The Story:

Mindy attracted and is now dating
one of the horse trainers.

And she found a much higher paying full time job too.

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

Unregistered January 10, 2008 05:56 PM

Re: Law of ATTRACTION Sells Float Tanks for 10K

Dear KapilDesai,

Thanks.

Here's a 2nd Testimonial from my archives. (I see from your myspace SPACE that live in Canada. What part? If I may ask.)

Good morning Glenn,

2 weeks ago when I started practicing putting my intentions out, I decided that I wanted to sell our two float tanks. I make most of my income as a wedding photographer, but I haven't been shooting (not many people get married during the winter in Chicago) so I'm not bringing in much money right now.

Selling the float tanks would inject a nice boost of cash, which is why I focused on that.

Within a week I got 6 calls from interested buyers! Compare this to getting maybe 1 email every couple months from a mildly interested person. Two of the people who called are serious and it looks like we're going to conclude the deal within a week.

I just woke up 5 minutes ago. Before I got up, I spent a couple minutes thinking about what I really want. I've been feeling very disconnected from people lately, so I decided that I want to induce a change within myself that will result in my being able to connect with people on a deeper level than I normally do.

I remembered that I had to return a couple emails so I logged on. I had just received the email I've copied below. It was clear that I had to write you right away when I read the words " Learn the Secrets of How to Connect With People" only 2 minutes after deciding that's what I wanted!

Thank you for connecting with me!

Francisco

==========
==========
Francisco is now a Photographer
and is getting many more calls
out of the Blue - for his services
Since he learned how to Use
Munny Attraction Words

Thanks,
Glenn Osborn

Jessicarosy January 17, 2008 06:31 AM

Re: Law of ATTRACTION - What strategies worked for you?

Hi KapilDesai,

Great thread on Law Of Attraction! Thanks a lot for that information.