SOWPub Small Business Forums

SOWPub Small Business Forums (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/index.php)
-   SOWPub Business Forum (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone REALLY fail in business? (http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10026)

unpinkpanther November 6, 2017 03:54 AM

Does anyone REALLY fail in business?

People in general have a tendency to over complicate things, looking for ways to fail
-Gordon Jay Alexander

When someone starts an enterprise with the hesitant mindset of "well, let's just see how this goes. It may or may not work"...and it doesn't work... has he really failed?

Or has he succeeded in proving himself right?

What if at some deeper level, the fellow who keeps losing his fingers in the game is secretly confirming his true beliefs?

Perhaps there's more to the game of business than dollars and cents...

GordonJ November 7, 2017 09:54 AM

I'm afraid I have to take issue, with MYSELF ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by unpinkpanther (Post 38684)
People in general have a tendency to over complicate things, looking for ways to fail
-Gordon Jay Alexander

When someone starts an enterprise with the hesitant mindset of "well, let's just see how this goes. It may or may not work"...and it doesn't work... has he really failed?

Or has he succeeded in proving himself right?

What if at some deeper level, the fellow who keeps losing his fingers in the game is secretly confirming his true beliefs?

Perhaps there's more to the game of business than dollars and cents...

Well, lately my thoughts have been thrown up quickly. So, let me correct this idea. I don't think anyone looks for ways to fail, but if they experience failure in the pursuit of their goal, it can often be traced back to the beginning of their thought and RAPID expnsion of that idea into their Empire.

I've seen it countless times. A guy has an idea. I may initially encourage him, and next thing I know he's been banging on the calculator, has a huge endeavor, his EMPIRE built out, with backends, upsells, cross sells, down sells, and a funnel which puts his income into the Cayman Paradise accounts.

What I (apparently) meant to say was, DO the simple idea first, before you start adding layers and layers and turn your self into the nex Bazillionaire.

Also, just as likely, after a few fingers lost, he doesn't do the ideas anymore.

Just look around, and maybe because I encourage and listen to the ideas...and actually try to get people to take some action on what they want...

and this is, once again, the do over, start over, sticking point for so many who say they want next year to look like so and so,

And may even backward chain their time frames, to see what they have to do, are out of that WANT within 4 to 6 months as the exits on the Pyramid of Accomplishment shows.

So, people don't over complicate their ideas with the idea of looking for ways to fail. I was wrong when I wrote that.

Perhaps the over complication feeds into an eventually overwhelming task which is much easier to abandon than a simple idea which needs to be acted upon. I don't really know.

GordonJ