View Single Post
Old June 30, 2022, 06:38 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Living in the country vs the city, as an independent product developer...

There's one thing I've noticed in the 20+ years I've been busy as an "infopreneur" online...

Which is that a lot of people doing this seem to live in the country, as opposed to the city...

I'm not sure why that is. Here are a few people that come to mind... Bill Myers (now retired), Jeff Walker, Don Lancaster (author of "The Incredible Secret Money Machine" - free PDF download from his website, a review), and also Glenn who has mentioned he lives on a farm...

I'm not sure why that is... Are there advantages to living in the country, as opposed to the city?

I was reading through one of Bill Myers old newsletters, and he talks about a trip he took driving to Dallas, from where he was based at the time, in rural Arkansas...

He mentioned how his stress levels went up... Seeing all the security cameras, the graffiti, and the snarls of traffic...

Quite different from living in a small country town!

So what do you think? Being an "infopreneur" nowadays means that it virtually doesn't matter where you live...

Maybe living in a country town, or on a farm, is better - and less taxing on the mind and body? And hence better for "solo" entrepreneurship, especially as an "infopreneur" ?

Just a few thoughts!

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I live in suburbia... Though there is a nice creek behind my house with a lot of trees, so I can get a little of that "country feeling" if I take a short walk...

Last edited by Dien Rice : June 30, 2022 at 06:50 PM.