View Single Post
Old July 18, 2022, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Default The irony of Cossman. He really made money, when he retired.

Thanks Dien,

Oh, my. I had all that stuff as a kid. I loved the JOHNSON-SMITH Nolveties catalog.

Anyhow, Cossman. He actually sold the company to his brother in law, and it wasn't until Dan Kennedy, got involved via Guthy-Renker.

Well, it was a hot day in Indian Springs, where Cossman was and where Greg Renker met Bill Guthy at a club, racket ball, I think.

The magic happened when Dan Kennedy came in, and BOOM, Cossman made millions, Guthy-Renker exploded to astronomical heights.

Although he did OK in business, he became really wealthy selling courses from infomercials.

Selling the tools to the miners, if you will.

Gordon

And Guthy-Renker got rich, I believe, just off of all the stuff I bought from them, I was a cassette course addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Some of the scariest true tales I'm aware of are the stories of headhunting cannibals...

Tribes which practice headhunting may still exist today in the highlands of Papua New Guinea... And maybe also deep in the jungles of Borneo...

One of the most gruesome modern tales is that of Michael Rockefeller, who was the grandson of John D. Rockefeller. He was an anthropologist, and disappeared on a trip to New Guinea in 1961... He is believed to have been captured, cooked, and eaten by one of the then still-cannibalistic tribes.

Which brings us to this...

This is a shrunken head! E. Joseph Cossman (Joe Cossman) tells us in his books that when he was selling them, they sold like crazy!

It was probably more plausible at that time... the death of Michael Rockefeller would have still been fresh in the public consciousness...

Makes you wonder... what "crazy" items would be "hot" today?

Best wishes,

Dien