View Single Post
Old August 20, 2020, 08:32 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Speaking of copywriting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Writing direct response copy was a natural extension of my face to face selling once I heard the idea that Copy was salesmanship in PRINT.

Plus all that work with hypnosis and Erickson "distraction" technique, all came together. Maybe that is why I never looked for a client and turned so much work away...I made myself (unintentionally) unavailable, thus, commanding higher rates?? I guess.

But when you get a winner, that pulls in lots of moolah in a short period of time, word gets around. I guess I would tell today's wannabee copy writer to...

get ONE winner...

and you'll have work, maybe for decades ahead, if you can sustain it.
Hi Gordon,

You are quite UNIQUE when it comes to writing and copy...

That's one thing, I think, which attracted me to your writings!

By the way, I've lately been writing cold emails (to sell a product)... I've never done cold emails before to make sales...

(I've written cold emails to make contacts and business partners... but not to make sales...)

Cold emails are where you email people who have never heard of you before.

It's quite different from emailing your own email list, as those people are already "warm" and know you and presumably like your stuff already...

Also I'm not emailing consumers, but businesses... Each email is personalized, they are emailed to each person (usually the business owner) one-by-one, not en masse. (It's not spam.)

Anyway, I think I'm starting to make progress. But it's quite different from anything I've done before...

(And I have done cold calling in the past - which is different again...)

Just thought I'd share... There are a lot of different "angles" in this game of making sales...

Best wishes,

Dien