View Single Post
Old June 11, 2021, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Default Lessons learned up to SCI and while there.

Golf. In 1976 I got 15 bux for a one hour lesson at the range. By 1990 that was 25 for half an hour.

Then I did group lessons, 20 bux times 5 at a time. Or LEVERAGE.

Then, I did workshops and seminars, 50 bux for 5 or 7 people MORE LEVERAGE.

Then I put those workshops on cassettes, started selling locally, regionally, and then nationally. More leverage = less work, one time...more money could be sold for a long time. Then to CD when it became the thing.

So from golf, I learned how to get paid for my time face to face. Low money.

How to leverage my time with groups. More money.

How to let products do the work, Lots more money.

SEE anything there you might be able to use today?

I added consulting, and helped a dozen or more pros set up their golf businesses, something that could be done in your back yard. POST (yes, I still have those fat little fingers and a fear of deleting my work).

SCI had a collectibles division and I was somewhat knowledgeable with both numismatics and philatelists, having been a stamp/coin collector in my youth.

Now, real coin collectors or stamp collectors, are NOT the market for these "Mint" type things, like the State Quarters and such.

These are hobbyists, but they are a great market. A huge market. I don't know the baseball card market these days, but my guess is, they have lost a lot of value over the years.

But creating a collectible line, like say, porcelain birds, can be a very lucrative thing. These can be fads, so if you get in quick and be the early bird, you can get the moolah worm.

More in a minute. POST.

Last edited by GordonJ : June 11, 2021 at 12:26 PM.