View Single Post
Old January 22, 2019, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Default The EXIT plan, maybe should be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggP View Post
Ok I’ll add my 2 cents.

First, find a way to provide something of VALUE. Don’t try to scam, steal or cheat your way to more money.

On the Sell Something track: Go to Craigslist.org in the For Sale -> Free

Is there anything of value you could pick up and turn around and sell it to someone that needs it but can’t afford to buy it new?

My area had two flat screen TVs and a baby grand piano for free, not to mention couches and office furniture just this morning.

The people giving the stuff away were moving and needed to get rid of it fast [VALUE].

You could make someone a really good deal and still make a profit [VALUE again].

I bought a storage unit at an auction. I paid $225 for it and ended up making about $1600 profit. Everything I sold was a great deal for the buyer. Check out the storage auctions in your area. You don’t have to buy anything on the first trip, but you will be enlightened by the possibilities.

On the Provide a Service track: The headlight cleaning idea is a great one. You can use Bud’s system or there are literally dozens of YouTube videos on the subject. Companies are charging up to $80/pair of headlights.

To find out if this is a good service in your area… Go to the local supermarket or Walmart. Look at the headlights in the parking lot. How many are so bad that you can’t see the light bulb?

That oxidized headlight lens blocks light creating poor visibility for the driver. This a safety issue for the driver, passengers, other drivers, pedestrians, animals etc.

Every car with sun damaged headlights is a potential customer.

Be a headlight cleaner and make the world a safer place [VALUE].

If you have a truck you could start a delivery service.[VALUE]

If you’re handy with tools you could start an assembly service. Many people would prefer having someone else put together the furniture they just bought on Amazon. [VALUE]

Before you start any kind of activity to make extra money make sure you have an EXIT PLAN!

It could be a certain amount of money in savings or it could be getting a certain bill paid off or it could be the new car you’ve always wanted. Just make a plan or set a goal

That way, if you start doing something and absolutely hate it you have a way to end it.

You might end up loving what you’re doing and that would be excellent, but having an exit plan is still a great idea.

Gregg

Thanks Gregg,

One exit plan, for those who pursue cash NOW methods, is to build a business to operate, or one in which you can be an absentee owner, or one to sell.

Solutions for LACK of money, if not leveraged, may create other problems. An example I've shared.

Guy starts chatteling, finds profits in used restaurant equipment, starts flipping seriously, makes some bux...wife wants to spend for Holidays...

He did have to compromise, but now, a couple of years later, has a full time business, employs his nephew as a helper, and is making a really good living.

But, he doesn't want to be moving big pizza ovens for ever, so he is looking at his exit strategy...one way may be to let the nephew take over, with a helper, and be an absentee owner.

The VALUE he has in the business is really in his NETWORK, which took him a couple of years to build up, and I advise him to hold that asset, while finding a way to make it work for him. Maybe as a middleman. Or as a consultant, or maybe he starts a business, seems to be a pizza shop would be good, since he has all kinds of equipment available.

He could surely be an absentee owner.
He could start to teach others about his chatteling experience, ala the fleamarketflipper dot com family, who now operate their own university.

Because he is already moving stuff, I suggested your idea of assembly, they could pick it up at a store, assemble in truck and deliver. They do that now with big stuff, so smaller home items, UPSCALE areas, would work great.

I'm glad you mentioned the EXIT plan, because just making money like that, could get to be a grind too, and the idea of savings goes a long way, but I might suggest saving the TITHE or 10% to reinvest in a business.

No rights or wrongs, but no reasons either to be stuck in the quagmire of lack of money. Right?

So, EXIT on the next floor up...and let your moolah make your moolah.

GordonJ