View Single Post
Old March 28, 2021, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Default Final days to pick my brain, if so inclined.

April starts new ventures. So, I want to wrap up my Q and A March sessions, with some general thoughts.

General advice: for those starting a new venture, business offline or on. First do a realistic self-analysis of your strengths and weaknesses and all of your assets.

I think this is a step few take and results in quitting and failure for many people. You must know how you got to TODAY. What did you do to bring you to this point in time? And how do you want to do differently, which will take you to where you want to go?

Assets include skills, knowledge, experience, ability to think, analyze and form correct conclusions along with any physical and monetary assets.

Sketch out a plan of action, first thing. If you want to start a business or money making venture, then start at the end, with the TRANSACTION, how is money/value exchanged? From who? HOW?

Simple questions if they get fully answered, given some real thought to, then it helps pave the path for your next thing.

As you set longer range goals, what are the medium and short range ones and how will you reward yourself when you hit one of your milestones?

In all business ventures, except where I've created something, I start with who is going to buy it? In most cases this is where you may want to start too. In the creative areas, with my golf club, or toys or games, I created those first then went after the marketplace. If I were to advise anyone today, I would tell them to start with the making money first, which means start with BUYERS and then create or acquire a product/service for them.

Also, keep things simple, eliminate as much slop and mess as possible.

So, with 3 days left before I start my OFFLINE local venture, I stand at the ready, if you have any further questions, fire away.

Gordon