View Single Post
Old November 22, 2020, 08:51 AM
Eternal Optimist

Default Re: I agree, these are odd times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Margaret,

As you might know, my wife and I had a baby daughter back in June. During our stay in hospital, no family could visit! So I'm sure our experience was very different from the experience of many other parents in more "normal" times...

I hope you stay safe and well in Scotland!

- Dien

Oh, Dien - sorry, I missed reading about your baby daughter; many congratulations!

We're trying to be as careful as possibly; one of our friends had Covid (not badly enough to go to hospital but enough that she lost a lot of weight and had a really rough time.) So that was within 200m of our home.

At the end of June my hubby had a heart problem and now we're only risking the absolute minimum of outside contacts. He's fine, well, active and in great good humour but still on loads of medication so it makes sense not to complicate his recovery. We also have a family member (34 years old, with three young children) who's got a terminal cancer diagnosis. They live in England and it would be lovely to have been able to go and see them. However, they didn't need us to add to their stress, so we stayed home. They're in our thoughts and prayers each and every waking moment.

It's good to drop in here from time to time to see how everyone's getting on. I'm going to go and watch some live airport feeds now - the skies above us here seem particularly quiet at the moment (or else I'm slowly getting deaf!) so it will be good to see some activity.

Best wishes all round,
Margaret