View Single Post
Old December 2, 2020, 07:38 AM

Default The difference of Facebook Marketplace VS Facebook Feed?

Pros,

I am running an specific AD for a specific product (Kid Toy) on Facebook FEEDS, I got poor results (that means ZERO sales).

But, I am testing the same AD on Facebook Marketplace, and I am getting interesting results (that means SALES).

So this made me thinking...

The Facebook Marketplace, I consider it what really is: a digital place of mixed Classified ADS Section + Market Fairs (the name "Marketplace" says it all).

- The Facebook FEEDS, I consider it: a digital place of mixed TV, Magazines, Newspaper and direct-mail.

So, based on your experience, what you would consider the difference Psychology on buyers that respond on ADS on Facebook Marketplace VS Facebook Feed?

Basically, I would consider it is the same question:

What the difference of buyers that buy via Classified ADS + Market Fairs VS TV, Magazines, Newspaper and direct-mail.

For my own experience, I would say:

• People who are on Classified ADS are proactive searching for something. On Market fairs, people are looking for bargains and unusual stuff.

• People who buy from TV, Magazines, Newspapers, direct-mail, the ADS they see have to be good, and that means an AD with a LOT of benefits. Maybe on Classified ADS and on Market Fairs there isn't a big need to have a good AD. (I am using the same AD - image and copy - for Facebook FEEDS and for Facebook Marketplace. The ADS are the same).

Your thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. I forgot to mention that on Facebook FEED I am targeting people who already "interacted with ads".

Last edited by MikePT : December 2, 2020 at 04:03 PM.