View Single Post
Old September 16, 2017, 01:47 PM
RickC

Default Re: One for the chattelers:

Rob is unreal! I'm on his email list and enjoy reading about his success. With my children now in college, my wife and I will have more time to go to flea markets and estate sales soon.

One day last May, I was with a co-worker. He just bought a pick-up truck. Just for fun, I logged in to Craigslist, went to look at the free section listings. I found a really nice looking desk being given away, in a upscale part of our County.

I showed him the listing and suggested if we get it and sold it, we would split profits if I could use his truck. He is not computer savy or a people person, so I did the rest. He said, "Go for it"

We did get it. I listed it on three local yard sale sites, in different towns. Sold it within a day for $80.00 dollars. The purchaser met us two miles from where we picked up the desk.

We found three more desks and a china cabinet over the summer, without much effort. Made some decent spending cash. And had fun doing it. I can see people, having time and going to the cities (which we did not do), making a decent living doing something like this. There are tons of things being given away for free that others will pay for.

We joked that we should name the business: Two Ricks and a truck. His name is Rick, too.

Rick