View Single Post
Old July 29, 2007, 09:44 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Business Insights From... Montgomery Burns! (from the Simpsons)

Montgomery Burns. He's derided in every episode of "The Simpsons" (and I'm sure he's also put down in the new movie). However, as Springfield's richest resident - and owner of their leaky nuclear power plant - he's clearly a successful businessman. (At least in terms of pure cash.)

Some may think of Montgomery Burns as an entrepreneurial role model. Others, however, will disagree - because he is diabolically evil (in a kind of pitiful way).

Anyway, you can judge for yourself! JetBlue's founder and chairman David Neeleman has temporarily given his blog over to Montgomery Burns.

The blog starts by saying...

Quote:
Hi I'm Montgomery Burns,

Here's my newest attempt at robbing a man of his livelihood. I have temporarily taken over David Neeleman's Log as I believe I have more efficient ways to run this airline. I could crush him like an ant.
You can read Montgomery Burns' evil musings here!

http://www.jetblue.com/about/ourcompany/flightlog/

- Dien

P.S. Hmm... What's JetBlue doing here? Montgomery Burns' "criticisms" are clearly designed to be "promotional". Is this a good idea? It's certainly interesting! But it also caused direct marketing expert Denny Hatch to call David Neeleman a "certified whack job" (i.e. looney)! What do you think?

Last edited by Dien Rice : July 29, 2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Additional