View Single Post
Old June 23, 2019, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Default Actually, yes we do. And some history (of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Foley View Post
Hey Gordon.

Interesting topic.

What about partnering with someone who's got a classic/older product that has done well in the past, that isn't obsolete but still relevant, but for whatever reason stopped promoting it.

Not necessarily to gain OWNERSHIP, but more like PARTNERSHIP?

Got any products like that around, catching "digital" dust? :-)

My direct contact favorite of this was what took place when SCI (Ben Suarez) secured the "marketing rights", via an agreement to give a % of profits where none had been generated for a couple of decades...

this done when he reissued the book, VERMONT FOLK MEDICINE by D. Jarvis, which had been a best seller in the 1950/60's. Although it is my favorite story on this type of transaction, only because I went over the numbers and the campaign, and all the copy written for it...

There are many examples. Dien and I were just talking about all the stuff we have which needs a little updating, but still is solid. BUT, our time is stretched thin, and we have new toll opportunities flying at us fast and furious...

it would be great to have someone who could offer up some of our long forgotten, albeit, still relevant information products.

Why just today, I was reviewing a long time ago info product published by WilVey called THE CONCEPT. One of the great courses on starting a business that there ever was, and I had a lot, if not most of them at one time.

That being said...I'm not big on Joint Ventures, or Partnerships...but I am fond of % selling, bulk going to the person doing the selling.

I've had real partnerships in the past, best for ME to do it a different way. Ben Suarez has a great story in 7 Steps to Freedom II about his brother Rick, who broke off to form his own successful marketing company.

Too many opportunities for us, we have to pick and choose.

But, we are always ready to listen to any proposal.

Gordon