View Single Post
Old April 13, 2014, 04:18 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Republishing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Hi Dee,

Is the following info related to what you are searching for or somewhat connected...
Hi Phil,

Thanks for sharing your research!

The bane of the busy is time can be a too-rare commodity...

I'm actually hiring out my hours nowadays. Not as an employee, and I'm not "working the streets" (in any way you might construe that)!

I'm doing some advisory and consulting work... very interesting stuff...

On some of these older, hard-to-get publications... There seems to be an opportunity here, too. If they're hard to get - perhaps they could be republished for a profit?

I have an old book I picked up somewhere, a long time ago, second-hand... It's compiled from an old newsletter. From the early 70s, I think... Very "hippyish" - I thought it was fascinating. Mostly hand-written and hand-drawn. Quite a memorial of the era, I think! (Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it off-hand)...

But while republishing these works may not make you rich, they can certainly bring in much-welcome extra cash...

- Dien

P.S. Just looked it up - the book I was thinking of is "Living on the Earth" by Alicia Bay Laurel. I have one of the original 1970s copies (bought second-hand), but I see she revised and republished it in 2003. I guess it wasn't compiled from newsletters as I had thought... I think I must have been confusing it with the "Whole Earth Catalog"... No, I'm not a hippy, but I find all kinds of "alternative" types of publications quite fascinating and stimulating...