View Single Post
Old August 26, 2018, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Default Not very good results, hold off on oven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
The mugs are a quick fix for us who have dietary restrictions, and are in a hurry.

But, if you don't have those, and can and want to eat sugar, nuts, dairy, then I would advise the standard two bake biscotti recipes, which are much more yummy.

We muggers, want a simulated carb fix, so we look for those shortcuts.

But, I'll make you a deal, the mugs are ovenware, so I'll test it out for you in the oven, we'll find out. OK? Will do tomorrow (Sun.) morning. And I'll take pics and post the results, may do a side by side, one without the good stuff and one with all the tasty stuff too, just to compare.

Thanks, always willing to experiment in the kitchen.

Gordon

I'm going to have adjust this (I don't know how yet), ended up with a very fall apart crumbly mug full of something, it may need butter/oil and another egg for the oven. I'll try again. Pictures of crumbs sort of instill less confidence...in the baker. I'm off to find some expertise in using these "flours"...so save your stuff, for a day or two, then we'll oven it again.

I wanted to do a cheese version and one with blueberries and cocoa, but, the first batch (and a couple of not very good pancakes made with almond and coconut flour) took me out of the baking mood.

May have to bake some regular choc chips, just to use as motivation...HA!

Good thing I'm not counting on my next fortune to come from HEALTHY eating.

Any working bakers in the house? (Maybe I've lost my touch??).

Gordon