Thread: Quick survey..
View Single Post
Old June 24, 2018, 11:37 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Good questions I'll answer for all.

[The forum had a glitch... This is a restored post from GordonJ...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyglass
Hey Gordon,

Some questions:

1. What demographic do the businesses have to meet to qualify for the flyer?

Service seller? Product seller? Certain size business?, etc.

Almost all. Can't think of any which wouldn't qualify, maybe some professionals, like high end CPA/Brokers maybe. We're testing for our Community Co-Op Postcards.

2. Do I have to get signatures from interested persons who can sign a contract (not just a curious employee with no signing authority) or is all they need to do on the flyer for interested parties to contact you? If so, is the contact number an 800 number which will increase responses or a long distance number that will decrease responses?

The flyer should answer 90% of their questions, you would get signatures ONLY if they call you. And it is done on first come first served. The flyer distributor will be able to answer any additional questions and will have a ready made form to fill out.

3. Is my pay tied to how many buyers there are each week?

We're in a TESTING mode, so each situation is different now, but we'll pay for the initial handing out, NO one going to make the 700 from just passing out 75 flyers, and as of today, a passer out will only get 75, maybe your area just isn't going to work, we'll know from 75. No sense beating a dead cow if that doesn't work. We may have to implement some sort of check, maybe random phone calls, because last thing we need is someone like these USPS carrier characters who throw their mail in the trash, albeit, they still get paid (sometimes I think I have one of those).

The 700 is based on a number of people who respond, and we cut it in half in other words we know we can get 12 out of 75 (more usually), so we want 6 from the TEST. IF you don't get 6, we wouldn't be interested in that area.

IF accepted, a flyer distributor would be a 1099 self employed contractor.

I guess this covers my questions Gordon.

Thanks.

If you have more, just ask.

What we KNOW is, people hate to sell, or more realistically, they HATE being rejected over and over, and -romotional salespeople are burned and churned, almost any and all programs which want people to SEE businesses in person go through this, we're TESTING to see if my copy is good enough to do the selling for us, with the in the field person being more or less a behind the counter CLERK. After passing out flyers, you would only deal with those who "came to you", via a call for more info, details. Like a clerk, you would just fill out the receipt.

We don't want or need experienced SALES people, prefer you not have any. This may be a pipe dream or my EGO talking too, maybe I'm not as good as I think I am with the written word, I want to know from the people with the money as to my copy efficacy.

Don't know if a CLERK can do it. Maybe like the spritz lady at the perfume counter, give em a spray, see if they buy or knock you on your AZZ for spritzing them. HA!

Gordon