View Single Post
Old March 12, 2019, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Planes, trains, automobiles and ships. Ahoy matey.

Great Denny Hatch newsletter today, all about "all the ships at sea."

Long, long time ago, a newsman, Walter Winchell, used to start his "gossip" radio broadcast with:

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America. From border to border, coast to coast and all the ships at sea. Let's go to press."

Denny Hatch is traveling the world, taking ships from Budapest to Bucharest, and ports of call along the way.

It got me thinking. First, of course, how to cash in on the information Denny provided about the ships at sea. Still thinking about that.

And then I thought about how I no longer like to travel. A trip to the Circle K to buy my daily lottery ticket fix is about all I'm up for these days.

I find it FASCINATING, that we can take a look on our laptops and SEE all the ships at sea, all the planes in the skies, all the trains on the tracks, and many of the cars on the highways. It won't be long until that becomes ALL the cars on the roads.

YES, Big Brother is watching. Not only can we track movement around the globe, we can send unmanned aircraft, even armed unmanned aircraft, to almost anywhere we want.

Any given ship, of the 550,000 on the high seas, could be reached by a drone.

Well, anyhow, before I go down one of those rabbit holes, let me make a turn.

TO PROFITS. Chattel. From a 500 dollar row boat, to a 500 million dollar yacht. Chattel moves, down the road, oft literally.

Wonder what the profit was on the 400 million dollar yacht which exchanged hands between billionaires?

Dien has written about Kirk Kerkorian, the Billionaire who got started chatteling.

Today, you will find (perhaps the only thread worth reading at the Warrior Forum) a post in the subforum THE WARRIOR PATH, by savidge4, and his 30 day challenge he did with his 9 year old son.

He wanted to teach his son how to go from 40 bux, to 250 dollars in 30 days on eBay. A great case study, and he far exceeded the goal. Now he is going to continue for a 365 day time period. IF he follows the Grow Plan, as I wrote about it 25 years ago in the SPRINT TO FREEDOM, he will surprise and amaze himself.

Now what does this have to do with anything? Well, in Denny's newsletter he talks about where the ships are at. Where they originated from, and WHERE THEY ARE GOING.

And this thread is about getting to YOUR port.
YOUR safe harbor.
YOUR destination.

And the how.

Whether your choice of vehicle is a car, bus, train, plane, boat, ship or astral body...

all journey's begin with an idea of where you want that vehicle to go.

I should say, ALMOST ALL, because an adventurer may just let it take him anywhere. In the mid 70's, I not only had a rail pass because I worked for the railroad, I would frequently buy the 2 month Greyhound pass, and just get off anywhere I wanted.

Did this once in Butte, Montana. Spent a whole week there one afternoon.

A financial journey might be an adventure, but if you are in a hurry to get to the safe harbor, you will make sure your vehicle is sea worthy, your crew is ready, you have the fuel, and a good navigator...I want a submarine Quartermaster for my nav, I know he could always use a sextant, or on a clear night, "shoot the stars".

At the U of Hawaii, I once took a class in Celestial Navigation. Irony there was, I forgot I rode my bike and left it in the park. Sure, I could figure out how to sail to San Diego, couldn't remember the vehicle I used to get higher educated. HA!

So...

Where do you want to get to? HOW will you get there?

I wonder if I could offer a DRONE delivery food service to those ships pulling in, because all too often the crew is restricted to the vessel. I'm sure some of them would like a nice hot Papa Felice's Pizza. Millions of sailors stranded on ships, in exotic ports of call, wanting a little taste of freedom.

OH, not enough time in our days is there?

GordonJ

PS. I think my ST. PAT'S GOLD report will include a personal consult too, what would you want to ask me?