Thread: Exlusive Rights
View Single Post
Old October 21, 2011, 09:20 AM
RickC

Default Re: Exlusive Rights

Thanks Dien and Bozo. I have read of others getting exclusive rights with different marketing methods that are not being utilized by a manufacturer, and was curious about an "Idea"

Lets pretend of life before Reeces Peanut Butter Cup. You had Chocolate and Peanut Butter. What if someone discovered that these two ingredients went well together for a new product. Now we just need to get each manufacturer together to create it...but it IS my idea.

Perhaps one way to prove the idea is actually yours and you thought of it first is to write the whole concept down on paper and then mail it to yourself. That way you have a date of when your idea was thought of and you are protecting it. Should the concept actually become reality, then perhaps your "idea" would then translate into receiving part of the profits from the new product each time it is sold.

Hope I'm not sounding foolish. There are currently two items I eat every day that I combine together myself, thinking "I wish these things were packaged together so it would be easier. Each item is a healthy item, too.

Thanks for your input!