View Single Post
Old May 24, 2021, 11:36 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default E. Joseph Cossman and some cute puppies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Dien,

Thank You Gary Halbert.

The Only Copywriter We Know Who Had a Pink Caddy
Copywriting TEST SYSTEM

Now that we know the DRUG-LIKE Reaction We Are Looking for.

I Found something ELSE that Triggers BRAIN DRUG Endorphins.
It fits in Your Pocket.
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing all that!

This reminds me of a story that comes from E. Joseph Cossman... that's my memory, anyway...!

I think this is from his book "Making It!" which he co-wrote with a guy named William A. Cohen.

It's not as well known as his other book on mail order, but it's still a fantastic book. "Making It!" is actually one of the very first books I ever bought on entrepreneurship, and it really inspired me.

He talks about sending out press releases - and he'd use any excuse for a press release.

He gives an example of his dog having puppies. What he did was he wrote a press release about his new puppies, and released it to the local media.

But what he also did (this is the clever bit) was he put the puppies in a box or tray, and he lined the tray with fliers.

I think they were fliers probably for Cossman fly cake - which was a product he was selling for killing flies.

He took photos of the cute puppies (with the fliers as the liner), and sent it out with the press release!

I think it got some local media coverage of his new puppies. But because the tray was lined with his fly cake fliers, he also got a bit of free advertising in there, too, for his product!

That's my memory - I don't have the book right now easily accessible to check...

He used the cute photos of his new puppies to help get media coverage, and also to sell his "fly cake!"

Thanks a lot, Glenn! I really love your stuff.

Best wishes,

Dien