View Single Post
Old July 14, 2007, 11:58 AM
ThePromotionalGuy.com

Default Re: Getting to Business Owners Cheaply

Sandy,

I'm not Mike, but I would like to address your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Now here is my question to you: Let's take real estate for example. Do you think the larger entities: big name real estate companies take their marketing and sales strategies more seriously than the small realtors(realtors with 5 salespeople or less)?

Yes and that's why they have large advertising budgets. They recognize that constant exposure builds recognition. The more I'm seen by the public, the more legitimate I'm considered. That thinking plays to human nature.

You are more likely to do business with those you know, then those you don't or don't know much about. Advertising conditions the consumer to believe a product, service or company are reliable and reputable, because they see it all the time.

For example: Walmart is known for low prices, because they say so on their television ads. So the consumer goes to see the prices and buys, now they are convinced and believes Walmart's adverting more.

But if you go into other places such as Target or Kmart, which will have the same product as Walmart, you will find that their prices are as low or even lower than Walmart.

How's that possible? Because Walmart has been telling us for years and we are conditioned to believe their ads, especially after you have made a purchase.

Quote:
I'm asking because do you think there are certain industries which are resistant to marketing efforts or it's the size of the industry.

If an industry has a lot of competition, then those who want to stay on top will advertise and market aggressively. If an industry has little competition then there is no threat to their customer base so advertising and marketing are not persued has intensely.

Then there are industries, that are very successful that don't need to market or advertise because their product or service is in such a demand advertising and marketing are not needed. Example: Citrus, Cattle, Mines & anything that's apart of the agricultural industry.

Quote:
Why? what is it about craigslist? why does a site without the frills etc. draw so many?

Sites like craigslist draw people that are looking for the cheapest route to go. That's not necessarily bad, but with the skyrocketing home prices, consumers are holding onto their money tighter.

Big name companies represent additional expenses to the home buyer that may have limited income and if they can shave off some expenses and still get what they want, then in their minds they are a winner.

However, they do give up necessary services that could prevent them from making a huge financial blunder. Items such title searches, contacting multiple owners on a deed, undisclosed liens, possible right of way issues, variances they are not aware of & so on.

Woody Quiñones
The Promotional Guy