View Single Post
Old July 12, 2019, 03:55 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Gordon, would love to know more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Happens everyday. ACQUISITION is lucrative for all parties, some of the times. Acquisition of a distressed or undervalued asset can be VERY lucrative if you know how to crunch the numbers.

If anyone is interested, I'll continue the thread on the different ways YOU can go about to evaluate a business...because we are in the eye of an OPPORTUNITY TYPHOON.

It could give you a beautiful business moment, if you ACT on it, or if you make the wrong move, you might just get blown away and get further from your goals than ever. Or worse, shipwreck on an island with a whole bunch of Gilligans. YIKES!!
Hi Gordon,

I absolutely agree with you... Knowing how to value a business is a critical and important skill!

And as you say, there's money in being able to do it.

For example, let's say you value a business at $250,000... Yet the owner is willing to sell it for $50,000.

There's a potential $200,000 profit in it for you right there...

Why? The simplest way is you could buy it, and sell it for a higher price.

Or another way is, you could buy it, and then get investors (who invest at a higher valuation than you did)...

Of course, if you're planning to invest your own time and money into a business you're going to start yourself, it's important too...

Gordon, I'd love to learn more!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : July 12, 2019 at 04:14 AM.