View Single Post
Old February 20, 2019, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Default As an International Businessman, you want the Facebook reach...Papa Joe and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post

I'll have to be frank, I'm doing a lot of Facebook advertising nowadays...

The main advantage is how finely you can target.

Dien

Facebook is great. No doubt. But Mama Felice at the pizza shop and Dale the auto mechanic right next to her...get most of their business in a very tight radius of their locations. Maybe Facebook (more likely SMS) might drive Millennials to them, but...

PRINT reaches THEIR prospects.

Anyhow, thanks Dien. Although I have no International rep, and nothing to speak of outside of Summit and Stark counties, for some reason, many people still regard me as an expert on Remote Direct Marketing.

And, almost all who contact me, KNOW...I'm going to probably suggest a direct marketing campaign when it comes to generating more customers or for a special promotion.

In fact, it would surprise most of my clients to find out I even know how to log on to a computer...HA!

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47224218 This link is to an article on a handwritten DIRECT MAIL promotion. I found it via Warrior in the copywriting subforum, posted by Colmodwyer.

Personal letters.
Postcards.
Flyers.
Brochures.
Newspaper or rags ads.
Co-Op vehicles, like postcards, or coupon books, or weekly specials.

I'd love to do a mano a mano test against a Facebook (IM, SMS, SEO, etc.) salesperson where the results are winner take all. The object being an increase for the business in sales. Bring it on.

Now of course, I want momma and poppa LOCAL businesses to work with, where a one person decision can be made, where they can write the check on the local bank, that day, and where I have to see them on a daily basis.

And, although it could be done by any 'print broker', I don't mind being an old school, dinosaur of the day, ancient man known as a DIRECT MARKETING Consultant. Print being the fastest, easiest choice...but with guys like you, the Facebook experts in my Rolodex to call on if need be.

I'll do the Print Dien, you do the Facebook, and we'll have customers lined up, eh?

GordonJ