View Single Post
Old December 11, 2018, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default A Christmas Money Maker for Next Year.

I haven't done this one, but it is on my calendar for next year, and maybe some variations of it too.

This is courtesy of Carl Ellis, and he does NOSTALGIA type work. His Christmas booklet is at Amazon, it is BRADFORD, OH CHRISTMAS PAST.

Carl had a little report at one time about making these works of nostalgia.

Here is one reason I want to do it next year. My library has added some things from the local historical society, so it is easy access to get things from 50 years ago. And with my 50th class reunion this past fall, I felt a whole lot of nostalgia in that room.

So, a nice CHRISTMAS themed booklet, for next year, and it is the 50th anniversary of a man on the moon, you might want to consider a local hometown (or several) nostalgia type work.

How to market? Well, IF, I can get it fleshed out, I'd look to the school, and possibly a fund raiser for band, team, activity...and local merchants who might want to sponsor a half page (sell them an ad), and maybe do an ad from 50 years ago about a similar business.

Some pics, from the local paper, a few stories, a lot of names, and then let the class of 1969 help, asking them about memories of............... whatever.

I've always thought it was a good idea, I've just never gotten around to doing it, but since everything is right at my fingertips now at the library, I think it will be a fun and interesting project. I like the 50 year model, because people in their 60's and 70's were in school, and younger people can get a glance of the past.

NOSTALGIA. It seems to be a good topic at anytime.

50 years since the man on the moon and the end of the BEATLES, yikes.

Gordon