View Single Post
Old July 18, 2007, 10:06 PM
Millard Grubb

Default Re: Getting to Business Owners Cheaply

Gordon, Phil, and others,

It is not me having a problem getting business owners to listen or pay me....

Two cases.... I was with my wife eating at a nice Chinese buffet when I saw the owner shaking his head no to two sales people....

After the salespeople left, I asked the owner if he bought the ads, he said no. I then suggested a few ideas just to be a nice guy. The owner refunds my dinner and I give him my card. I get a call at 10:30 AT NIGHT the next Saturday with the owner asking for my help...He has TOO MUCH business!
Then I come in the next day, create a simple flyer... The owner then gives me a certificate written in Chinese saying that all I have to do is just hand this in and get any meal free...anytime... Now listen, I wasn't trying to get a client... I was just doing a favor for a good restaurant... Over the next couple of years I got over 2000 dollars in food for my frineds and I from that simple gesture...

Next, I walked into a meat processing shop looking to get some meat. I talked a few minutes with the owner and set up a retainer deal, PLUS I haven't had to pay anything for meat for four months.

Getting the deals isn't hard... I just want to kick it up a notch and leverage my time a bit more.... Can I do a Robert Allen and be dropped in a city anywhere and make cash as a consultant? Yes, I can.

I just want to do it faster. Better. More efficiently.

And that is what I look for in a business. A success who wants more.

Warmly,

Millard