View Single Post
Old March 4, 2019, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default A few other Harvey Lessons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post

Harvey Brody's toll position lessons still hold, more than 50 years after he came up with them!

I like to try to hammer this into my thick skull every now and then...

Best wishes,

Dien

Me too. These will be familiar to you, but to the group, we should explore them individually too.

The View from the Rooftop; rungs up the ladder.

Kicking out the chocks, going down the runway.

Iron filings on the table, magnet underneath.

And within the Toll position, some CONTROL ideas.

Pencil out the process. Pick the people you work with carefully.

And healthy eating, thinking and living.

One reason why I like Harvey Brody so much is; he represents the penultimate one man band success story (with some help from family).

He had a business. Many employees. Got to the point the employees were pains he could do without. SIMPLIFIED his business.

Works out of his home. Has a handful of customers. Sells millions of dollars a year of products he owns and controls. Makes a decent profit. He is one of the first millionaires whose work I encountered almost 45 years ago. He is the only one who has had a five decade business running smoothly and without slop and mess (not too much anyhow).

Low key. Flies low, collects the dough. NOT a self promoter like Kennedy, Abraham, and Halbert used to be, although all gave a nod to Brody's guidance and influence.

So his talks were taken seriously, and I not only recorded them with his permission, I took copious notes and although it seemed at time to be a Codec or a crypto type file, his lessons have been invaluable to me.

I've incorporated the VIEW FROM THE ROOFTOP into the Square One Workshops and the POA (pyramid of accomplishment) works similar to the rungs up the ladder...TIME increments going forward.

Harvey goes up the ladder, I go to the right on my timeline, but with the same idea, to see the finished result at the start (bottom of ladder, or at the X on the lifeline, X=NOW).

What lessons stick out for you Dien? I also like the pre flight checklist, before you kick out the chocks.

Probably our best kept secret is the iron filings and magnet, and I think you will agree, neither of us has maximized that lesson, have we?

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : March 4, 2019 at 01:53 PM.