View Single Post
Old July 12, 2007, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Default Fly Low-Collect Dough-The BOOK.

Hi Millard,

I should expand my report, Fly Low and Collect the Dough, into a BOOK...maybe I will now that I think of it...HA!

A couple of ideas for you. First locale. Agree with Jason on colleges, and some of the HIGH SCHOOLS do the same thing. I've taken several classes at my high school, and they are dirt cheap too. I'm lucky I have a community center, with rooms for rent, and PARKS, which I've used in the past too. But my favorite: CLUBS.

Check your local Italian American Club, Polish, German, etc. etc. Any ethnic group. Call and find out who the president is and send them a flyer offering to put your "performance" on for the business owners of that club. Make it specific to them.

VFW. I'd have my stuff ready, call and make an appointment with the Commander of the Post and pitch him on putting on the seminar for his members. Same with other clubs, CHURCHES (some of whom rent out their kitchens) and I've used the occassional pizza shop that was closed on Sunday/Monday too.

Millard, steal, uh, borrow a page from the ladies...Mary Kay, Avon, Girls Night Out...and consider a HOME PARTY...have one of the CoC or BBB members HOST a 90 minute informational meeting for 6-12 fellow business people (in exchange for a discount on your services)...an invitation from a fellow member might attract some people...FEED them of course.

Golf Courses don't do much after dark...and they have tables and chairs.

For me Millard, the ideal thing is to have a "leader" who has invited others to the venue...and in these things, an informational workshop, or SAMPLE if you will, goes a long way to selling a more personal or specialized course.

Consider the business owners shop too. They may have room to do something after hours. Again, you offer them something to hold the "event". In a strip mall for example, there is usually a merchant organization, which they pay to belong to. They share the goal of increasing business. OFFER a FREE 90 minute intro to the association.

And then of course Millard, you'll want to put your hands on Fly Low and Collect the Dough, the BOOK.

Someday. Maybe.

http://www.flylowcollectdough.com The report is a good starting point.

Gordon

PS. Don't overlook the 45 minute BREAKFAST intro meeting too, most small business owners are TIME restrained. Make TIME a big part of your pitch too and I guarantee you'll get some interested...if they can find the time to attend that is.

Good luck as always.