View Single Post
Old July 7, 2007, 04:06 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Great Post Dien!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankesh View Post
Excellent post Dien.

I'll have to get one of those books by a movie producer. If you have read them, which one is the best?
Yes, I've read all 3 of the books I mentioned (by Roger Corman, Myrl Schreibman, and Christine Vachon).

Roger Corman's book is more of an autobiography. It's interesting mainly to see just how low he could scrape the bottom of the barrel in getting as low-budget as possible! Could be good if you're a big spender.

The other two books, by Myrl Schreibman and Christine Vachon, are more about the "nuts and bolts" of movie production. I thought both were about equally good for the info they give.

Some of Christine Vachon's movies are very controversial, so some may not want to read her book for that reason. I think Myrl Schreibman is contactable via his web site at www.indieproducing.com.

Other books on this topic that I haven't read yet are... Robert Rodriguez's book, "Rebel without a Crew: Or How a 23-Year-Old Filmmaker With $7,000 Became a Hollywood Player". (He's now better known as a director, for films like "Sin City" and the "Spy Kids" movie series.) Another two books are written by Lloyd Kauffman, "All I Needed To Know About Filmmaking I Learned From The Toxic Avenger" and "Make Your Own Damn Movie". He's best known for the movie, "The Toxic Avenger", and other movies in that genre!

Cheers

Dien