View Single Post
Old January 31, 2015, 06:07 PM
RickC

Default Re: Why you should "Go Mobile"!

The trend is definitely going toward Iphone/tablets. Any business not mobile optimized is already behind the proverbial eight ball. Funny thing is, I have my Iphone buts still like my desktop (I like bigger screens!)

So, next to a business being mobile optimized, is having a custom mobile app a good thing for local businesses? Not all, of course, but would certain types of businesses also benefit from having their own app for download to compliment a mobile presence?

We have many Dunkin' Donuts around our area. They have an app that is basically used for purchases. You put money on it and pay through the app. I don't think its anything fancy.

I'm thinking of schools and churches that could use an app for push notifications and updates on closings or even use the app for donations. I saw an app where a church was using it for the purpose of recording their weekly sermons for people who could not attend (shut-ins).

I'm sure this idea is nothing new. I was wondering if anyone here believes there is a service for customizing apps for local businesses.