View Single Post
Old July 7, 2007, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Default The SECRET society of SowPub...or You should dive into the archives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post

Nowadays, though - Herschell Gordon Lewis is better known as a copywriter! He's written over a dozen books about copywriting. You can see his web site at www.herschellgordonlewis.com. Yes, it's the same guy!

Yes, and in a communique to SowPub HGL told us that Copywriting and Scripting a movie, even schlocky ones, were very much alike.

He also made comments about today's so-called horror film, Dien, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "excrement" was in there somewhere...

A good movie captures your attention right away and takes you on a roller coaster ride, and then, hopefully, you exit and have had a good time.

In the archives somewhere, and in older forums, like Dave Bancroft's and Bill Myers and others, we discussed a lot of these elements.

My friend Dien Rice is a modest man, but he is one of the World Class brainiacs with a passion for horror movies, Entrepreneurship, and swimming with sharks. YIKES. By day, meek mild mannered Physicist, but at night...he let's Fred out to play. HA!

Perhaps someday, we can persuade him to pull back the curtain and let us take a peek at all those great "communiques" SowPub has had with the well and lesser knowns of the world.

Thanks Dien, great post for thought. I second the recommendation on Michael Ross LEVEGAGE and also would point out that in Bill Myers archives, there are some articles about this "Producer" type operation.

You don't have to do everything all by your self...Gordon, put down the cheeseburger and LISTEN up...OK?

Assemble a team and then stay out of the way, be the coach, not the Quarterback, runner, pass catcher, blocker and tackler trying to play the game with yourself (as opposed to playing with your self...you know, like solitare or free cell...what did you think I meant?)...

GJA

PS. As an afterthought, another lesson from the Rich Jerk/Playboy fiasco is this: sometimes (most?)...it is best to simply FLY LOW AND COLLECT THE DOUGH.

You'll see more on that along with some insight to the UNDERGROUND ECOMONY very soon.