View Single Post
Old May 11, 2021, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default Thank you Dien, I'll test it this afternoon.

Thanks Man.

I'm going to talk for up to 20 minutes, have it transcribed and posted here by tomorrow, less than 24 hour "product" creation. Hope it works well with my slurring, stuttering, Ohio accent, lazy speech and poor pronunciation...by the way, I had to listen to Google to tell me how to pronounce

revelatory

several times and even then, it was klunky.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
There's a new transcription service, called Voicedocs...

What's different about it is, no human is involved. It's done by machine...

You upload your audio file, and this service will transcribe it for you...

(You get 15 minutes of audio for free, to test it out... But you need to create an account to test it.)

If you use it, it costs $12 per hour of audio, or less (if you buy more than an hour at a time)... $12 per hour comes to 20 cents a minute...

For comparison, Rev.com costs $1.25 per minute, which comes to $75 an hour - that's using real people...

I tested it. I uploaded an audio which I had saved from a short YouTube interview (part of an interview with comedian Jerry Corley)...

There were some errors, but overall it did a good job. Less accurate, I'd say, than a real person transcribing it, but you're paying a lot less...

The errors I noticed would be easy to fix...

How can you use this? You can dictate, get it transcribed, and edit it, to create quick articles, posts, reports, and even books...

You can also create products by interviewing people, and getting it transcribed...

This is something I plan to do "for real" pretty soon!

www.Voicedocs.com

Best wishes,

Dien