View Single Post
Old June 13, 2021, 10:00 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default A few ways to start an email list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
OK. Can you assume for a minute, I'm a total newb online, however, I have a successful conferring business offline.

So, what do I need to come on the Internet and start getting people on my mailing list?

I assume a website. What would you do today?
Hi Gordon,

I can think of quite a lot of techniques...

One way is you can advertise on Facebook, offering some kind of opt-in offer, like a free report, a free instructional video, or a free webinar...

Advertising on Facebook is not always straightforward. It can be a little bit complicated to optimize it... Facebook is different from "traditional" advertising because it has "artificial intelligence" which is meant to optimize your results...

A second way is a free way. You can tout your expertise and get interviewed as a guest on podcasts, or do free guest posts on blogs. The goal is to try to get their audiences to come to your website and opt-in for your free offer...

A third way is through an affiliate program where, if you have a product, people can promote your product as an affiliate of yours. Of course, for anyone who buys the product, you'll get their email address, because they're buying it from you and therefore become your customer...

Those are three ways! But there are more...

I need to do more with these myself...!

Best wishes,

Dien